• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Finally caved and got a Switch. Not very happy about waiting 3 years only to pay $100 above MSRP, but here we are. I just don't see the price going down until after the holidays are completely over, and maybe not even then. I feel like people are going to be hoarding the ones they can purchase online, and it's probably worth $100 to avoid camping out at a Gamestop.

Got BotW for myself and Animal Crossing for the wife. Fitting that you can only have 1 island per console in Animal Crossing, since it'll be her world and I'll just be living it.

Noooo don’t do this. Sorry Wolverine, wish I would have known you were looking. If anyone is in the market, here’s how to get one for MSRP:

1) follow @_kinnybot on twitter
2) turn on notifications to get alerted every time it posts a tweet
3) click the link when it tweets and get you a switch for MSRP

That twitter bot constantly checks every website and immediately posts where a site restocks. For example, I started following it at lunchtime the day I bought my switch and by 6:00pm my order was on the way. I was too slow on two BestBuy restocks and then nabbed one from Costco online at dinner time.

Switch, case, memory cards, 12 months of online play for 350.00 plus shipping was the Costco deal I got

We just got a Ring Fit Adventure through a similar method. Let the robots do the work...

Any must buys for the switch other than the usuals? BotW and Pokemon are on the way. Will probably end up with Mario Cart as well. I also found a cool RPG golf game called Golf Story that I'll download. Anything else?

Any must buys for the switch other than the usuals? BotW and Pokemon are on the way. Will probably end up with Mario Cart as well. I also found a cool RPG golf game called Golf Story that I'll download. Anything else?

DARK SOULS

Golf Story is fun. Are you looking for Switch exclusives, or just anything that is good on the Switch, because those are two different lists.

I've heard Luigi's Mansion 3 and Link's Awakening are both very good, but haven't played them myself. Fire Emblem, Octopath Traveler and Tokyo Mirage Sessions are all good JRPG options, if you like those. Into the Breach is very good, though it is also on PC. And I absolutely love Sunless Sea (also on PC) and think the Switch is a great way to play it, but I know it is a very niche sort of game.

I played the shit out of Smash Brothers Ultimate.

For couch co-op with the kid(s), I've played No Reload Heroes, Nine Parchments, Mart Cart, Mario Odyssey (the one with Cappy), and Mario Party.

I broke down and bought a PS4 about a month ago. I'm nearly through the FF7 Remake and fuck me, it's like liquid nostalgia being shot into my veins.

I'm still several years behind on games, but I would like to give FFVIIR a spin at some point. Never did finish the original, but I thought the soundtrack was fantastic. I'm still playing through Spider-man right now on the PS4, before I get back into the Yakuza games.

I've heard Luigi's Mansion 3 and Link's Awakening are both very good, but haven't played them myself. Fire Emblem, Octopath Traveler and Tokyo Mirage Sessions are all good JRPG options, if you like those. Into the Breach is very good, though it is also on PC. And I absolutely love Sunless Sea (also on PC) and think the Switch is a great way to play it, but I know it is a very niche sort of game.

Both of those look pretty cool, have never heard of them. thanks

Luigi’s Mansion is supposed to be pretty good. If I didn’t have a huge list of games to play, I’d probably get it.

Back