• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Golf Story is pretty great, good call on that.

Not technically an exclusive, but Dead Cells is a perfect Switch game, and it's fantastic. Into the Breach, too.

Not technically an exclusive, but Dead Cells is a perfect Switch game, and it's fantastic. Into the Breach, too.

Thanks, I'll look into those. I saw where Golf Story is getting a sequel soon called "Sports Story"

I’ve been played Dead Cells since it was in preview and it’s one of my all-time favorite games. And yeah, it’s a perfect Switch game. As bite sized as you want it to be, but also as complex as you want it to be.

I'm still several years behind on games, but I would like to give FFVIIR a spin at some point. Never did finish the original, but I thought the soundtrack was fantastic. I'm still playing through Spider-man right now on the PS4, before I get back into the Yakuza games.

It's like it was made for my demographic. It's a little bit linear, but only in the way that sets up the second installment to be an open-world amazing fucking beast of a game.

What's the fuck is Mario Cart?

A good kids game.

I've heard Luigi's Mansion 3 and Link's Awakening are both very good, but haven't played them myself. Fire Emblem, Octopath Traveler and Tokyo Mirage Sessions are all good JRPG options, if you like those. Into the Breach is very good, though it is also on PC. And I absolutely love Sunless Sea (also on PC) and think the Switch is a great way to play it, but I know it is a very niche sort of game.

I finished Link's Awakening a few weeks ago. I wasn't into Zelda back in the day, so I didn't have an nostalgia factor. This was only my second Zelda game after BOTW. My little one is obsessed with Zelda even though he only played BOTW and just started Link's Awakening. He has a book about all the Zelda games that I used to read to him at bedtime. We got him some Zelda encyclopedia for his birthday.

I want to get Luigi's Mansion 3, but I still need to finish Super Mario Odyssey.

Thanks, I'll look into those. I saw where Golf Story is getting a sequel soon called "Sports Story"

Sports Story looks interesting.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/sports-story-switch/

I really wish there was a Wii Sports equivalent for the Switch. A Switch with more motion control function would be incredible. Still waiting for another first person motion sword play game as functional as Red Steel 2.

Last edited:
Marvel’s Avengers will be available for PS5 and XBox Series X upon release. It will be free for people who purchased it for the PS4 and XBox One.

I imagine this will be the case for other Fall releases as well.

Marvel’s Avengers will be available for PS5 and XBox Series X upon release. It will be free for people who purchased it for the PS4 and XBox One.

I imagine this will be the case for other Fall releases as well.

Microsoft has already stated this will be the case for all first party Xbox games. Sony has yet to make a statement on that, but Avengers shows that it is a possibility. Hopefully most, if not all, third party publishers will follow suit.

Having everything on x86 certainly has advantages.

Noooo don’t do this. Sorry Wolverine, wish I would have known you were looking. If anyone is in the market, here’s how to get one for MSRP:

1) follow @_kinnybot on twitter
2) turn on notifications to get alerted every time it posts a tweet
3) click the link when it tweets and get you a switch for MSRP

That twitter bot constantly checks every website and immediately posts where a site restocks. For example, I started following it at lunchtime the day I bought my switch and by 6:00pm my order was on the way. I was too slow on two BestBuy restocks and then nabbed one from Costco online at dinner time.

Switch, case, memory cards, 12 months of online play for 350.00 plus shipping was the Costco deal I got

Just wanted to give a thank you for this. Been looking for one for a while and was able to grab one off Bestbuy because of this bot. Much appreciated!

Microsoft has already stated this will be the case for all first party Xbox games. Sony has yet to make a statement on that, but Avengers shows that it is a possibility. Hopefully most, if not all, third party publishers will follow suit.

Based on a statement from the developer, it looks like they were developing the PS5 version in parallel with the PS4 so it won’t just be a port.

Just wanted to give a thank you for this. Been looking for one for a while and was able to grab one off Bestbuy because of this bot. Much appreciated!

Awesome! Great to hear. My delivered yesterday. Got everything setup but probably won't get to play anything until Saturday at the earliest. Only games i've bought thus far are Pokemon Shield and Golf Story.

Awesome! Great to hear. My delivered yesterday. Got everything setup but probably won't get to play anything until Saturday at the earliest. Only games i've bought thus far are Pokemon Shield and Golf Story.

I got one after playing a friend's at the beach... wife absolutely loved playing mario kart. Been looking for a while for games I could play with her. She isnt the biggest gamer but do yall have any suggestions about games that you think she would enjoy? She did not exactly grow up gaming so I dont want anything too complicated. I am going to start off with Kart and Zelda (Zelda bc I know its a must-have). We tried Mario Party... it's fun but not the type of game we need right now.

Video Game Thread - New Half Life - For Reals this Time

Arms fits the bill. It is the most user friendly fighting game I’ve ever seen. Even my parents played it when we got it. They wouldn’t even play on my NES back in the day.

I got one after playing a friend's at the beach... wife absolutely loved playing mario kart. Been looking for a while for games I could play with her. She isnt the biggest gamer but do yall have any suggestions about games that you think she would enjoy? She did not exactly grow up gaming so I dont want anything too complicated. I am going to start off with Kart and Zelda (Zelda bc I know its a must-have). We tried Mario Party... it's fun but not the type of game we need right now.

Super Mario Odyssey and Animal Crossing are great for new gamers.

I keep missing out. We'll see.

And just like that it finally worked.

7 yo turns 8 next month. He's been asking for awhile now and thanks to living in coronAmerica wwe decided to pull the trigger. Convo at bed time last night.

Punctuation is accurate.

Dad, I know I probably won't get a Nintendo Switch for my birthday because it costs a lot of money but if I don't I'm going to ask santa for Christmas because at least he can just make it and not have to buy it. If I don't get it for Christmas... <sigh> I'll probably just stop asking.

Dad, I know I probably won't get a Nintendo Switch for my birthday because it costs a lot of money but if I don't I'm going to ask santa for Christmas because at least he can just make it and not have to buy it. If I don't get it for Christmas... <sigh> I'll probably just stop asking.

fuck that sigh would've killed me

Back