• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

yeah, i was playing it like DS3 but i think i want to try the arcane stuff they've implemented. fortunately i haven't gotten that far. i actually paused on it and have been playing Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts

So if I got Demon's Souls with my PS5 and haven't gotten around to playing it yet (partly out of fear of time suck and difficulty, partly just because of other stuff), better to just go straight to Elden Ring first or is it worth going Demon's Souls beforehand. Little worried I might get burned out on the genre and it sounds like Elden Ring is a can't miss.

if you're worried about burn out i'd skip DS and just do ER, which improves basically everything about DS, anyway

yeah, i was playing it like DS3 but i think i want to try the arcane stuff they've implemented. fortunately i haven't gotten that far. i actually paused on it and have been playing Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts

rise, sweeting. It's time to be born anew

if you're worried about burn out i'd skip DS and just do ER, which improves basically everything about DS, anyway

This was how I was leaning, more so now. Some of the reviews have mentioned less backtracking and not having to redo long sections over and over. I don't mind hard, but if you add monotonous to hard then you lose me.

This was how I was leaning, more so now. Some of the reviews have mentioned less backtracking and not having to redo long sections over and over. I don't mind hard, but if you add monotonous to hard then you lose me.

There is very little backtracking and stuff to do everywhere.

My current problem is I plowed ahead on main quests and now, the surrounding area cleanup is very easy.

There is very little backtracking and stuff to do everywhere.

My current problem is I plowed ahead on main quests and now, the surrounding area cleanup is very easy.

Completely the opposite for me. I'm enjoying the open world and have not been doing main stuff. Spent some time in stormveil castle last night. The godrick sp?? Boss was kicking my butt so I went to bed. I'm now running into enemies that I have not leveled up for. Oops.

Completely the opposite for me. I'm enjoying the open world and have not been doing main stuff. Spent some time in stormveil castle last night. The godrick sp?? Boss was kicking my butt so I went to bed. I'm now running into enemies that I have not leveled up for. Oops.

I honestly didn't mean to as much as that's where I was exploring.

I'm usually very bad for side quest-itis.

I’ve sidequested everything to the point I have no idea where the main quest is

I've been thoroughly enjoying my time with Cyberpunk 2077 post patch 1.5. *playing on a 3070 with an i7 for reference and got it on winter steam sale*

I get all the complaints that everybody had with the game, and the disappointment that it was, but holy hell I'm absolutely enjoying the hell out of this game.

There's been some weird technical stuff here and there, but the stuff I noticed in the very few hours I put in before 1.5 seem to be resolved.

There are times where I'll just stop walking and take everything in because it looks so damn good.

Last edited:
Hit the 100 hour mark. Can't beat the 3rd required boss.

BOTW 2 got delayed to Spring 2023.

It's interesting since when it was first announced, the story was that they had some stuff they wanted to do that was bigger than a DLC so they decided to make a sequel. Clearly, it's much bigger than they originally planned.

Back