• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I played that game for one cross-country plane ride, and on the way back it got too repetitive for me. So many of the same fights over and over and over.... Haven't revisited.

plus once ya get to level 2 this is your battle music. Makes the fights amazing, another banger

Anyone here Slay the Spire? It's a 1p, deck-building, roguelike game.

I picked it up around the time I quit Hearthstone a year or two ago. Would recommend and then recommend again.

I’ve got it, but have yet to fire it up. Maybe pop it in next once I’m done with Octo

Anyone here Slay the Spire? It's a 1p, deck-building, roguelike game.

I picked it up around the time I quit Hearthstone a year or two ago. Would recommend and then recommend again.

That one is fun. Cleared a run with each of the original three characters, though not the fourth. Also haven't cleared the extended run after the first clear. You can get some broken decks that are very silly sometimes..

I bought three digital copies of Splatoon 3 early this morning. My oldest could barely sleep the last two nights in anticipation.

WE HAVE A NAME AND A DATE

Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

May 12, 2023

I can't believe it's been 5 years since a mainline Mario game on the Switch and they bring out Miyamoto-San during a Nintendo Direct just to announce a fucking Pikmin game. Fuck you, Nintendo.

WE HAVE A NAME AND A DATE

Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

May 12, 2023

Fantastic. Plenty of time to plan to have nothing to do at least the rest of the month of May. Then I can work in June and until EA College Football comes out in July.

So is it tears as in cry, tears as in rip, or both? I guess I’ll have to find the Japanese title. (It's cry)

Apparently, they didn’t stream the Direct in the UK presumably because of the name.

Last edited:
At first I wasn't all that into BOTW but by the time I finished the game I thought it was one of the best I've ever played. I didn't even need to watch the trailer to be in for the sequel.

In the meantime I need to start and finish the ME trilogy and Disco Elysium all while trying to move into a new house, watch the Deacs and Redzone, work, play tennis and all that other stuff.

Also, anyone played River City Girls?

I’m still in the camp of BOTW is a normal open world kid friendly game with inferior graphics than it’s the best game ever.

It's both. That's the genius of it.

My then 5 year old started playing the game by just going around cutting down trees and selling the wood. Eventually, he got into it and months later beat the game before he even learned how to read. You can play it as a normal open world game and it's fun like that. You can also be a completist and try to do everything. There are also people still playing it who show off all kinds of incredible things you can do with the physics engine and glitches.

In the meantime I need to start and finish the ME trilogy and Disco Elysium all while trying to move into a new house, watch the Deacs and Redzone, work, play tennis and all that other stuff.

Also, anyone played River City Girls?
Finishing up ME trilogy now for the fourth time (first with the re-release). There are a couple bugs in the Legendary Edition which are annoying, but not gamebreaking. Still a tremendous series, but now that I know it so well, the flaws stick out more. Disco Elysium is still on my list, but I so rarely play PC games that it will likely be there for a while longer.

Put a couple hours into River City Girls, and it was a very good one of those. I would assume it is better in co-op. The sequel is supposed to be out before too long, I think.

I don't think I ever played ME3. I loved 1, liked 2 ok, but heard 3 wasn't that great.

I don't think I ever played ME3. I loved 1, liked 2 ok, but heard 3 wasn't that great.
ME3 was still very good, and the multiplayer was surprisingly fun. The endings were bad, the dream sequences were dumb and tedious, and important story points were left to the DLC which came out months later. But like 90% of the game was still the Mass Effect you know and love.

Anyone copping "Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope"? I'm looking for a turn based RPG for Switch that I can play on my upcoming trip, and currently leaning towards "Triangle Strategy". I know Sparks of Hope just came out today, but anyone have any support for one over the other?

Last edited:
I was thinking about getting Gotham Knights tomorrow, but the reviews are pretty rough. My fear is that it would be a DC version of Marvel's Avengers, a disappointing four-player co-op. Looks like that's what happened.

That's disappointing. I haven't played a Batman game since Arkham City.

Last edited:
Anyone copping "Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope"? I'm looking for a turn based RPG for Switch that I can play on my upcoming trip, and currently leaning towards "Triangle Strategy". I know Sparks of Hope just came out today, but anyone have anyone have any support for one over the other?
The first game was pretty quickly on sale for <$20 all the damn time so I am not going to pay first month prices even though I loved the first one.

Back