• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Yeah. The first one is the only Switch game that has consistently been on sale for the last 2 years or so. Oh well, my oldest really wants it so he'll get it.

So I picked up Elden Ring this weekend based on the generally great reviews and after a first few hours I'm not digging it at all. I know that lots of games take some time to get into, but I'm skeptical that I'm going to get there with this one. It's pretty clunky, I don't like the fighting and aside from all that I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on. Might just uninstall and move on with my life.

So I picked up Elden Ring this weekend based on the generally great reviews and after a first few hours I'm not digging it at all. I know that lots of games take some time to get into, but I'm skeptical that I'm going to get there with this one. It's pretty clunky, I don't like the fighting and aside from all that I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on. Might just uninstall and move on with my life.

you're probably not going to like it in a few more hours, either

Yeah if you don't like reaction-based fighting and strict resource management with pretty harsh death cycles that require lots of failing to succeed, it's not going to be for you.

God of War Ragnarok is good. Very, very good.

This year has been amazing, between Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West and GoW Ragnarok.

We just got a Switch, so I'm playing BOTW for the first time. Really fun game with not a lot of structure. Makes it easy to pick up and play for a little bit at a time and either do the main quest, or just dick around with the world as a whole. Digging it so far.

We got Sonic Frontiers yesterday which prompted the following discussion between me and my 10 year old. On the heels of Mario, Link, Kirby, Pokemon, and now Sonic getting open-world (or close to open-world) games, which classic characters are due to get a new open-world game?

We decided Mega Man was the best bet. There's been no announcement of a new Mega Man console game after Mega Man 11. Mega Man Legends was a 3D game last published over 20 years ago.

Haven't they produced a few games lately, but all in the old school mold of screen movers?

Also, I'm sure there's been discussion on this in the past, but thoughts on Cuphead? Worth a purchase?

Haven't they produced a few games lately, but all in the old school mold of screen movers?

Also, I'm sure there's been discussion on this in the past, but thoughts on Cuphead? Worth a purchase?
Cuphead is an amazing looking and sounding video game. It is also balls hard, and I tapped out on the third world. If you like that type of game, it is absolutely worth a purchase.

My kids beat Cuphead and it was a beautiful game to watch. But it is very frustrating to play with someone else.

Cup head is hard as hell, but a lot of fun. Lots a satisfaction when you finally beat a level that has been giving you trouble. Fun 2p mode (I pretty much only play with my son)

My oldest son’s switch got a 2101–0001 error code. A screen comes up telling you to hold the power button. We kept trying and it didn’t work. I dropped it off at a repair show and we’re waiting to hear back.

Have any of you had that problem?

Star Wars: Squadrons is free on the Epic Games store.

There are some good Black Friday deals in the Playstation Store. The ones I'm considering are:
Deathloop $19.99
Horizon Forbidden West $39.99
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order $7.49
Street Fighter V $9.84
Guardians of the Galaxy $20.99

Fallen Order for $8 is a no brainer. Cross between a modern Tomb Raider and Dark Souls.
I'm also a huge Horizon fan. if you liked Zero Dawn, you'll like Forbidden West.

all these holiday sales for games I bought for full price a year ago are teaching me I need to practice patience

Back