• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

had to pump the brakes on the hades 2 excitement a bit after i found out that the first hades went into early access (computer only) in december 2018 but only actually got released almost two years later, in september 2020, which is when it came out on switch.

had to pump the brakes on the hades 2 excitement a bit after i found out that the first hades went into early access (computer only) in december 2018 but only actually got released almost two years later, in september 2020, which is when it came out on switch.
I mean, they have a lot more resources now (in theory)

Hold up you've never played Hades? Sweet Jesus what are you waiting for?

On another note, the Odyssey soundtrack is just so freaking good.

I've put a lot of time into Hades, though I haven't gotten the epilogue completed yet. Very excited for Hades 2. The early access for the first one was very well done, fyi. Maybe one of the best implementations of it I've seen.

Finished the first island of Sonic Frontiers. It's pretty obvious back in 2017, Sega developers played Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey and said, "We've got to do this with Sonic." And it works. It's not as good as either of those but it's fun to play. I'm going to play it more like Odyssey and less like BOTW now, so I should be done with it in a few weeks.

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 coming out Fall 2023.

The first game was pretty quickly on sale for <$20 all the damn time so I am not going to pay first month prices even though I loved the first one.
Sparks of Hope on sale for 29.99 right now

I got a physical copy, coming from Amazon later today

Any xbox games for a 5 year old? My grandson likes the Paw Patrol games, and makes me put on Roblox for him, but I hate the Roblox because of all the money grabbing.

My wife and kids are all about Dreamlight Valley. Even the 5-year-old.

Prior to that, Lego games reigned.

GT7 coming to the PSVR2 will probably make that system a buy for me at launch

Wrapping up Pokemon Arceus. It's a great game, but the cut scenes make it soooo choppy.

Need to pick back up BOTW before I jump into Sonic.

Has anybody gotten the N64 emulator for Switch? I would love to get it to play Super Mario 64 and Kirby, but didn't know about potential downsides.

Finished Sonic Frontiers last week. It's a solid game. They did a great job balancing open world and platformer and going back and forth between 2D and 3D. The goal seemed to be to make a Sonic version of Odyssey and BOTW and they did it. I completed the game pretty quickly after I figured out that you don't need to hit all the cyberspace levels and that exploration didn't yield many benefits.

Now I'm playing Jedi: Fallen Order which I got in that sale I posted about awhile back. Seems pretty good so far, but it's a shift going from an open world game to a story driven game.

I enjoyed fallen order.

There's a section where you have to make a jump and I could not make it. Son was watching and laughing. I said you give it a try. First time.

My 10 year old tried to do that while watching me struggle to get an S-Tier time on one of the Sonic cyberspace levels. He struggled too and gave the controller back to me. Then I got it in a few more tries.

I enjoyed fallen order.

There's a section where you have to make a jump and I could not make it. Son was watching and laughing. I said you give it a try. First time.

the thing about FO is that sometimes you're not sure if/can you can do a thing only to find out way later that you needed a gameplay-locked upgrade.

the thing about FO is that sometimes you're not sure if/can you can do a thing only to find out way later that you needed a gameplay-locked upgrade.

Yeah. That's already annoyed me with the wall jump. I wasted time trying to make jumps the game wasn't going to let me make. There are clearly places I should have been able to go, but I had to get to a specific place to unlock the memory or something.

Back