• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

This game is nuts. 4 hours of play tonight and I basically went down one road in central Hyrule, did three shrines, picked a ton of apples, helped some koroks and Addison, fought some bokoblins and moblins, beat a Hinox in a cave and that’s about it. Nothing too difficult and it was 4 hours.
ph beat his hinox in a cave.

Fuck. This is making me want to buy a switch. Ocarina is my favorite game ever, but I basically haven't played any video games except occasional family mario kart in like 15 years. My oldest daughter just turned 6 maybe I can pretend it is for her.

Fuck. This is making me want to buy a switch. Ocarina is my favorite game ever, but I basically haven't played any video games except occasional family mario kart in like 15 years. My oldest daughter just turned 6 maybe I can pretend it is for her.

This is how I justified it.

You don’t have to pretend video games are for children.

Spider-Man 2 Gameplay Reveal. We don't even know the release date yet.

yeah I hadn't played a video game other than Mario Kart in 10 years until BOTW. It's worth it.

For BotW and TotK: Does everyone just embrace the madness that is having the run and jump buttons on the opposite ends of the pad, or do you change it? I switched them, but it’s still awkward as hell trying to hold X (sprint) and then press B (jump).

Last edited:
am you “supposed” to be using your zonai devices a lot or does that become more important later in the game — so far (1 dungeon, ~30 shrines, 4 or 5 towers and i think 3 glyphs) i’ve pretty much only used them in shrines and for koroks.

but wonder if i’m just playing the game too much like botw and i’m waiting too much to be prompted to use some of the mechanics.

am you “supposed” to be using your zonai devices a lot or does that become more important later in the game — so far (1 dungeon, ~30 shrines, 4 or 5 towers and i think 3 glyphs) i’ve pretty much only used them in shrines and for koroks.

but wonder if i’m just playing the game too much like botw and i’m waiting too much to be prompted to use some of the mechanics.
I don’t think you are supposed to play it any one way. I have found some fun uses for the devices, but I still only rarely use them. I have found I use them more when navigating the sky islands.

I don’t think you are supposed to play it any one way. I have found some fun uses for the devices, but I still only rarely use them. I have found I use them more when navigating the sky islands.

yeah, the game just lets you solve it however you want. BOTW usually had a specific way to do things unless you were very clever or dexterous with the powers.

that chest in the Stormwind ship behind the metal grate seems like a great example of people solving it with different methods

You can’t whip out the zonai devices in shrines. And yeah I haven’t spent much time in the sky this I haven’t really used them much.

Although I woulda saved a few hours I’d I had used the steering thing rather than trying to force feed a few objectives without realizing it existed

the hardest shrine to solve so far was the one in front of the sky labryinth; pretty simple but a head scratcher for a minute.

the hardest shrine to solve so far was the one in front of the sky labryinth; pretty simple but a head scratcher for a minute.

I did the Hebra Sky Archipelago yesterday. Nice little challenge turning the platforms into a ship.

Had my first experience with the Gloom Hands. What a great freaky villain.

I did the Hebra Sky Archipelago yesterday. Nice little challenge turning the platforms into a ship.

Had my first experience with the Gloom Hands. What a great freaky villain.

yeah, i found one in a cave and ran away.

Back