• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

spent pretty much all weekend opening up the map underground. Holy shit that was time consuming, and fun
I enjoyed all but running into mountains that reached to the ceiling in the dark.

I enjoyed all but running into mountains that reached to the ceiling in the dark.
this does suck

I eventually figured out that mostly coincides with where there are bodies of water in the normal world. The mini map remembers which layer of the menu map you were on last, so I used that to navigate around them

this does suck

I eventually figured out that mostly coincides with where there are bodies of water in the normal world. The mini map remembers which layer of the menu map you were on last, so I used that to navigate around them
I read that somewhere, but doesn't seem to pop into my head when I'm on the way up.

this does suck

Yes I figured that out like 2/3rds of the way through it. Which woulda saved me a lot of time. Also
The high points in the main map are the low points in the underworld and vice versa

I went through like 100 giant blossoms and 250 smaller blossoms by the time I finished, spending a fair amount of time trying to get them to light on the side of mountains. Between BOTW and TOTK I shudder to think of the amount of hours spent just climbing.

I went through like 100 giant blossoms and 250 smaller blossoms by the time I finished, spending a fair amount of time trying to get them to light on the side of mountains. Between BOTW and TOTK I shudder to think of the amount of hours spent just climbing.
I've gone through 50 small and failed at remembering where I can get more. If I get desperate, I'll google it.

Somewhere, I found a hat with lights on it. It's better than nothing, but not as good as blossoms.

Never have trouble finding arrows and brightbloom seeds in this game. Although I did almost run out of arrows in the big tower.

I've gone through 50 small and failed at remembering where I can get more. If I get desperate, I'll google it.

Somewhere, I found a hat with lights on it. It's better than nothing, but not as good as blossoms.
I think the 66% of trying I tried to avoid the gloom. After that I just blasted straight through it. Also probably coulda saved more time doing more tries coming in from above and searching around for the lightroots that way.

I did the first depths quest pretty early and have been messing around Central Hyrule and Hebra since. Now the depths seem intimidating because my shrine to lightroot ratio is like 7:1.

I did the first depths quest pretty early and have been messing around Central Hyrule and Hebra since. Now the depths seem intimidating because my shrine to lightroot ratio is like 7:1.
I haven't even found the first depths quest yet, y'all said it was something to do with Robbie? Yah I haven't met him

I almost ran out of arrows fighting the boss near Rito Village. And the Yiga Clan bozo.

I thought I had way too many bloom seeds, but they go quick when you’re just wandering around the depths.

I almost ran out of arrows fighting the boss near Rito Village. And the Yiga Clan bozo.

I thought I had way too many bloom seeds, but they go quick when you’re just wandering around the depths.
Biggest question about that boss near rito village:

did you shoot at the belly underneath or fly above it and dodge the spikes? It was way easier to hit the targets the latter way I thought, just had to quickly redeploy the glider and munch some food to get my hearts back if I got hit by an ice spike

Whatever was convenient. And strength of attack doesn’t matter. There are a lot of boxes and chests with 5 or 10 arrows before you get there. And some Rito give you arrows too.

Biggest question about that boss near rito village:

did you shoot at the belly underneath or fly above it and dodge the spikes? It was way easier to hit the targets the latter way I thought, just had to quickly redeploy the glider and munch some food to get my hearts back if I got hit by an ice spike

Killed it when it came up vertically

The Yiga Clan bozo in the boat can diaf.

okay I don't know if this is a bug or intended behavior

If I've built a zonai device, and I save the game and close it, when I load the game back up from that point the zonai device is gone. Has that happened to anyone else?

I think I may have just found the best/most fun way to explore the depths: dragon back. Ended up having to stay on for 10 minutes to wait to hit it again to get a scale and took me by lightroots that I hadn't seen before. Also made it easier to get to them because of height and upward wind gust that it puts off.

Back