• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I feel like the travelling Yiga clan members should be buffed to like be super bosses. Because their corny lines of how they're going to take my head get me every time.

On the depths and Yiga clan:

Having the full Yiga suit and talking to the "travelers" down there is one of the funnier/more rewarding(?) moments I've had so far.

After being abused by every "traveler" down there my first 3 times in the depths, having the full suit this last trip down was amusing.

Also, Frox fucking suck when you don't have arrows.

Anyone play Diablo 4? Or more directly, played it on console?

I played the shit out of Diablo 3 but don't think my current laptop can cut it any more so considering playing on the PS5 but have a hard time thinking about playing Diablo on anything other than a PC.

I play with people who play on PS5. They have no issues with it at all. They weren't preconditioned on PC, but still. I debated trying a controller but ultimately just re-binded the keys all to hell to essentially match my League of Legends keys. You're only ever going to have 6 spells, so buttons won't be an issue. I would think the biggest difference (and i'm not even sure how it works) would be instead of pointing and clicking a mouse at whatever you're attacking, you're going to have to...I don't even know. Just face that way and hit whoever is in front?

On the depths and Yiga clan:

Having the full Yiga suit and talking to the "travelers" down there is one of the funnier/more rewarding(?) moments I've had so far.

After being abused by every "traveler" down there my first 3 times in the depths, having the full suit this last trip down was amusing.

Also, Frox fucking suck when you don't have arrows.
That ISPOILER tag is trippy.

I throw bomb arrows to stun the frox then go hit it the spikes. The first time I faced a frox it was so dark I didn't see his back so I was really confused.

My biggest early game mistake is that I didn't use my items nearly enough. Now I use muddle buds on Battle Talus and laugh as it throws the bokoblins off. I wasn't using the items to plus my weapons either. Now I wish they had short menu where you can designate the 8 items use you most on arrows.

That ISPOILER tag is trippy.

I throw bomb arrows to stun the frox then go hit it the spikes. The first time I faced a frox it was so dark I didn't see his back so I was really confused.

My biggest early game mistake is that I didn't use my items nearly enough. Now I use muddle buds on Battle Talus and laugh as it throws the bokoblins off. I wasn't using the items to plus my weapons either. Now I wish they had short menu where you can designate the 8 items use you most on arrows.

Putting so much time into BOTW I don't really have the aversion to shit breaking after time so using stuff isn't the biggest problem.

I'm quickly realizing that I have to continuously tell myself "It's a new game, use the new features" rather than just playing it like I did BOTW.

I've put over 40 hours into the game, have god knows how many muddle buds, and your sentence confused me to the point of googling what they do, now I feel like a dumbass for never using them.

The depth in this game is absolutely wild.

I play with people who play on PS5. They have no issues with it at all. They weren't preconditioned on PC, but still. I debated trying a controller but ultimately just re-binded the keys all to hell to essentially match my League of Legends keys. You're only ever going to have 6 spells, so buttons won't be an issue. I would think the biggest difference (and i'm not even sure how it works) would be instead of pointing and clicking a mouse at whatever you're attacking, you're going to have to...I don't even know. Just face that way and hit whoever is in front?
That is super helpful, thank you.

That last bit, how do I target what I want to attack without a mouse to point and click is a big part of what I can't wrap my head around.

I'll probably end up giving it a go this weekend.

Yeah. I got a Zonia spear it took me awhile to realize I should just attach a construct part to it.

Anyone play Diablo 4? Or more directly, played it on console?

I played the shit out of Diablo 3 but don't think my current laptop can cut it any more so considering playing on the PS5 but have a hard time thinking about playing Diablo on anything other than a PC.
IMO I prefer Diablo on controller vs keyboard. Just feels so much more natural than all the point and clicking.

Also lots of higher end PCs have had lots of issues so far this release (I personally have had like 20 full-system crashes in about a week of playing on and off with a 3090). I'd defs recommend picking it up on console.

So how does targeting work on console?

And yeah, my game crashes randomly about once per 3-4 hours played(on PC with a 3080). I don't THINK it's graphics related. It's happened multiple times when I talk to the blacksmith, and other times just at random when I click to go in a cave or something. It doesn't even try to load, it just freezes and and I have to alt-F4.

I'm also not sure if it's a platform related issue, but grouping up for questing can cause all sorts of bugs and it's kind of a mess. There is no quest sharing, and the only quests visible are the ones of the party leader. So you just have to align the quest you're on with the party leader, or make the player with the least progress the party leader to continue. I've noticed the bugs on campaign quests more than side quests. It's especially awkward with all of the cutscenes and interactions given that one player can skip them and start a fight while others are still in them. I think that's what throws things off. Or if the non-party leader goes ahead of the party leader through a cutscene and then skips it or something. Idk, you'll see. It's just kind of wonky.

All that said, the game is still awesome and I've had a blast playing as every class, especially my Druid main. Each class seems to have AT LEAST 2 completely different builds they can go, and most have 3 or 4, which is needed since, as of release, they don't have Set gear pieces to build around.

And yeah, my game crashes randomly about once per 3-4 hours played(on PC with a 3080). I don't THINK it's graphics related. It's happened multiple times when I talk to the blacksmith, and other times just at random when I click to go in a cave or something. It doesn't even try to load, it just freezes and and I have to alt-F4.

I'm also not sure if it's a platform related issue, but grouping up for questing can cause all sorts of bugs and it's kind of a mess. There is no quest sharing, and the only quests visible are the ones of the party leader. So you just have to align the quest you're on with the party leader, or make the player with the least progress the party leader to continue. I've noticed the bugs on campaign quests more than side quests. It's especially awkward with all of the cutscenes and interactions given that one player can skip them and start a fight while others are still in them. I think that's what throws things off. Or if the non-party leader goes ahead of the party leader through a cutscene and then skips it or something. Idk, you'll see. It's just kind of wonky.

All that said, the game is still awesome and I've had a blast playing as every class, especially my Druid main. Each class seems to have AT LEAST 2 completely different builds they can go, and most have 3 or 4, which is needed since, as of release, they don't have Set gear pieces to build around.
it's just aiming things where you're facing, it's not really a problem for MOST builds/specs tbh.. there are very few that need precise placement (I think sorc firewall could be annoying, but even that's not too bad)

for placed abilities (or ones that could target a specific enemy like shadowstep) it highlights an enemy and you can kind of just use your joystick to aim at different ones roughly, this is where precision is lost but I've got about 30 hours of twisting blade rogue in on controller and haven't had an issue with it

controller is really a first class citizen in d4.. they put it in later for d3 and I thought as a result some classes suffered for it and ones that were close range/melee it felt great on, but now that dodge is baseline and they've put in controller support on all platforms, it's really nice on PC and is great for my hands and wrists to not have to click a kazillion times.. and some stuff (like horse riding) actually feels better on a controller because on mkb the speed of the horse is determined by how far away you click/have your mouse, which is weird and unintuitive

It auto-targets based on the direction your character is facing (enemy target bar gets highlighted so you know which one you're facing). Works pretty well for the most part and most builds don't require a huge amount of precision. I've been all-in on Diablo with a controller ever since I got Diablo 3 on switch (previously played on PC). If I'm really enjoying this when seasons roll out I may consider a steam deck to play.

My crashes are really random too yeah. Seems like a memory leak/issue but it completely fucks my computer up (lose all graphics card output, audio gets stuck in loop) and I have to restart every time. I got like 4 hours played yesterday w/out an issue, but had 3 crashes in about 45 minutes the day before so who knows what is up. Profiling doesn't show any temperature issues or spiked vram either and I've tried a lot of the fixes (capping game at 60 FPS, turning off high res textures etc.)

I've played it on my xbox, my gaming PC, and my steam deck all without any big issues (well, the one crash I had was on my gaming PC during a cutscene)

looove the cross-play/cross-progression

I'm enjoying the campaign, but for me to really want to play this game longish-term I'd like to see:

• Well implemented Seasons (coming next month hopefully?)
  • Clan benefits/perks (what the hell is the point now?) that scale with number of members
  • Some personal/private stash room mechanics (where you can have all necessary vendors close to each other instead of having to run all over the city)

D4 is great on controller. Even the menus and inventory stuff. I have basically stopped using mouse/keyboard because it's so much easier on my hands.

D4 is great on controller. Even the menus and inventory stuff. I have basically stopped using mouse/keyboard because it's so much easier on my hands.
Exactly, I'd planned on just using controller when I wanted to be lazy/couch game, and now I even use it on my PC too 😂

After 20 minutes sometimes ya just say fuck it

7740823aed22445b59f73914ac761617.jpg

Is that shrine in north central Hyrule? If so, I did that one today too.

Is that shrine in north central Hyrule? If so, I did that one today too.
yah. I googled the actual solution once I was done. Got tricked because of some useless zonai equipment that was a fake off of the actual supposed solution.

Back