• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I’ll try to be better with my rhetorical jokes.

have you played super mario 64 on the switch online expansion pack?

(see I got u bym)

Here's my Hot Take: SMB3 > World. I came to World well after the fact, but I honestly didn't like it very much. Between SMB3 and Galaxy for my favorite Mario platformer.

I put the 3D games in a separate category from the 2D platformers. Galaxy is my favorite 3D Mario game.

Wonder honestly right up there with world and SMB3 the more I play it

I’m enjoying Homecoming but man, I’d be deep into Spider-Man 2 and Wonder right now if I wasn’t here.

shout out to BBD for bringing up Wonder. I hadn't thought about my switch since TOTK but this game is super fun. Nintendo hits another one outta the park 🤔

I love punting goons as elephant mario

I took a month off from TOTK with a lot of travel and other real life to deal with. I got back to it last week and finished the game. The final boss sequence was fun even if I was OP from putting so much into the game.

I haven’t played video games this much since the NES as a 12-13 year old.

Yeah, same. It’s a great year.

We’ve all nearly forgotten about HFW and GoW:R, both of which are all time great games. GoW might even be top 10 all-time.

Yeah, same. It’s a great year.

We’ve all nearly forgotten about HFW and GoW:R, both of which are all time great games. GoW might even be top 10 all-time.
Two PS exclusives :cry: (which is why I think it's dumb playstation folks got mad at starfield being exclusive, after having so many award winning games as exclusives on their platform the last 5+ years)

Just off the top of my head great games and/or blockbusters that came out this year, and this doesn't account for PS exclusives I don't really keep up with until they're released on other platforms (your two examples, a new spider man game, etc):

TOTK
Baldur's Gate
Starfield
Armored Core 6
Jedi Survivor
Diablo IV
Hogwarts Legacy
Sea of Stars (and Octopath 2)
Cyberpunk 2077 completely revamped w/ the expac release for that which has turned it into the ambitious RPG it was always meant to be
and we get a new Cities Skylines game in a couple days!

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff too..

Oh and I guess I need to put Super Mario Wonder on my must play list now too 😅

They didn't delay it did they?

I aint worried about performance w/ my build (I don't think).
I would be! I've heard some horror stories from people getting sub 20 frames with 4090s

I trust paradox to get it fixed eventually, but I preordered it for my wife (who is a cities skylines superfan) and she is v disappointed her rig (3060 + decent CPU) probs won't be able to run it at launch

I would be! I've heard some horror stories from people getting sub 20 frames with 4090s

I trust paradox to get it fixed eventually, but I preordered it for my wife (who is a cities skylines superfan) and she is v disappointed her rig (3060 + decent CPU) probs won't be able to run it at launch
damn, guess I’m stuck with the first one on my 970 lol

Back