• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

MAKES YOU WONDER

either vestiges of aerlier versions of the game or they plan to incorporate persistent stuff or mechanics that let you play the game you want to play

when i hit it last week the achievement thing said only ~8% of players have reached Unity

by crafting you mean you lose your guns/ship? b/c crafting matters b/c you retain the ability to make upgrades?
Lose your guns / ship. The only think you keep are your skills.

I like Starfield. It's a lot of fun. My three biggest gripes are,

You can't build a ship from scratch.
Farming for building and crafting resources is a pain. I'm rich and just want to buy everything.
So many crafting recipes and item improvements are locked behind skills. The starting number feels too small.

So many crafting recipes and item improvements are locked behind skills.

This is definitely one of the few things that has kind of annoyed me, but I guess they want to make that skill investment feel meaningful.

Lots of smaller pet peeves can (and will be, I'm sure) addressed by mods.

there should be a ship-buidling minigame outside of the 'main game' to play around with. First of all, it's funl. Second, the mechanics of how ships work and what parts do is totally obtuse.

i don't mind that skills are locked behind upgrades; if you want to be able to craft then buy those skills. if you want to be sneaky, buy those skills

i think my biggest gripe is one that held over from Fallout, esp 4.

enemies get the drop on you and shoot at you from so fucking far away sometimes it's impossible to tell where it's coming from and seems ridiculous

i think my biggest gripe is one that held over from Fallout, esp 4.

enemies get the drop on you and shoot at you from so fucking far away sometimes it's impossible to tell where it's coming from and seems ridiculous
So many times, I have to sit there and let myself get shot to see where the fire is coming from.

Main quest mission spoilers

In the mission where you have to warp between the two research labs in different realities, I got super irritated by all of the poisoning. The one that nearly broke me was shifting into the ruin world and getting poisoned by a mob before I could even move.

So many times, I have to sit there and let myself get shot to see where the fire is coming from.

Main quest mission spoilers

In the mission where you have to warp between the two research labs in different realities, I got super irritated by all of the poisoning. The one that nearly broke me was shifting into the ruin world and getting poisoned by a mob before I could even move.

what difficulty are you on?

Last gripe - luck on item drops is so huge.

I got some amazing rifles early on in random drops and haven't upgraded them. None of the late game drops have come close.

I just, finally replaced the
Mantis Armor.

Scorpion things poisoned me non-stop.

Snake oil
Snake oil
Snake oil
Last gripe - luck on item drops is so huge.

I got some amazing rifles early on in random drops and haven't upgraded them. None of the late game drops have come close.

I just, finally replaced the
Mantis Armor.
i actually went with the bounty hunter armor you find in that quest instead of the mantis but used the helmet until endgame. sucked b/c the armor was like 20 fucking pounds but had good DR b/c i haven't upgraded my health at all. now im just running starborn armor?

re: guns - i had a simliar issue on round1 - i just found some good ones early and upgraded them/made them my playstyle. Im not sure the more powerful stuff comes around until your level 35+? i'm at 36 now.

Star Trek Infinite just came out. Apparently it's a lower tech Stellaris that's kind of buggy with questionable Trek lore. I was excited when I heard the words "4X" and "Star Trek" in the same sentence when I first read about it, but I'm not big into Stellaris. Tbh I haven't given it a LOT of time which is what this genre requires. I'm expecting this to be $5-10 on a Steam sale in the next 6 months so I'll just wait for then when it's not only cheaper but less buggy.

Oh and mega congrats to DCDeacon. Where do I send my resume to get your old job?

i will say this: i have not run into a single quest breaking bug yet

The quest where you have to run to your ship to get away from a very powerful enemy is bugged for me. My ship doesn’t have a floor so I just fall through. Only happens when I’m running from that specific enemy. I did like 15 side quests and came back, still no floor. Guess I’ll have to start over if it doesn’t fix itself.

Super Mario wonder kicks ass

So much fun. Best Mario platformer since yoshi’s island.

Back