• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Steam is getting DDOS'd and has been for a few days. Originating in Beijing to Roseville in the US. I'm downloading some games and Steam has me on a schedule, download for a few minutes, pause for a few minutes. Sucks.

http://map.norsecorp.com/

Got a nice haul for Christmas. COD Blops 3, AC: Syndicate, Witcher 3, and Fallout 4.

Probably going to start with COD Blops tonight.

i picked up Shadows of Mordor and Endless Legend in the Steam winter sale. need to finish playing through Witcher 3 first though.

Steam sale is now boring.

My kid got me a preorder of the PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider. The first in the new series is fantastic, if you haven't tried it.

I finally bought post-apocalyptic Skyrim because it was on sale and I had a gift card. Otherwise I'm not sure I'll get anything else.

I'm mostly just excited for Giantbomb to start releasing their GOTY podcasts.

I probably have more time played in Morrowind than in any game but WoW but I've enjoyed the TES series less and less with each new iteration. Skyrim was OK but I have never had the desire to play through it again. I 100% competed Fallout 3 but other than the Megaton explosion, I remember nothing about it. I think I mostly just get them for nostalgia at this point.

Definitely going to pick up a couple of games for the Bone with some Xmas money.

Currently debating between Fallout and Star Wars. May just get them both. I really enjoy the older CoD games too, so may get that, but I've played a lot of Halo in the past year so I feel like switching between the controls may be difficult haha.

I probably have more time played in Morrowind than in any game but WoW but I've enjoyed the TES series less and less with each new iteration. Skyrim was OK but I have never had the desire to play through it again. I 100% competed Fallout 3 but other than the Megaton explosion, I remember nothing about it. I think I mostly just get them for nostalgia at this point.

i generally agree with all of this, though i thought Skyrim was a lot more fun than Oblivion

Endearing bugs, indeed.

j6PFvcl.jpg

Yeah, I'm honestly tired of my pip boy being unreadable because I'm in stealth and I have chameleon gear.

i think kotaku is incorrectly attributing Bethesda bugs to his play-style.

I went with the "convince the chick to leave with no violence" option and it went fine.

Just started Fallout 4 last night. First Fallout game, so it's taking some getting used to. Killed the Deathblow in Concord and now trying to figure out where to go from here. Messing around a bit trying to learn the mechanics of the workshops, and eventually heading to Diamond City. There is a lot of game mechanics to get used to as well (pickpocketing, persuasion, etc.) that goes well beyond a normal fighting game.

Enjoying it so far.

Just started Fallout 4 last night. First Fallout game, so it's taking some getting used to. Killed the Deathblow in Concord and now trying to figure out where to go from here. Messing around a bit trying to learn the mechanics of the workshops, and eventually heading to Diamond City. There is a lot of game mechanics to get used to as well (pickpocketing, persuasion, etc.) that goes well beyond a normal fighting game.

Enjoying it so far.

latest

I'm at a weird point in FO4. Still pretty early in the game (level ~15), but I snuck my way into Diamond City super early (level ~7) and now I feel pretty underpowered wherever I go. I can't remember what the "main" quest is, or where it wants me to go, and there's nothing super obvious in my quest log. I managed to get my settlement quest node to the point where it wants me to go to the Castle, which, yeah, I ain't ready for.

Kory told me to do the Detective Valentine quest, but I think I might still be a bit underleveled for that. I think my best bet might be to go back to Lexington and slowly work my way south through the area north of DC.

Back