• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Seriously Mrs I/O Deac has been trying to kill this fucking Deathclaw for the last hour

Lol I've heard so many stories about how hard he was, mine got stuck on a car and I casually just shot him to death.

Put in about 5 hours today, had to take a walk around the neighborhood once to get a break.

Damn this game is awesome

that's what she said

dude, this game is so massive. i still haven't checked the time-in but i'm level 26 now. Havent' been south of the city except for the Hilton Med Center/Silver Shroud related quest.

the kinda sad thing is that the world gets boring after you ultimately side with one faction.

Fallout? If so how far in?

In the main story I've just found Nick Valentine. At L9 now. Done a few side quests, but trying to just roam around and collect shit and level up before trying most of them.

the kinda sad thing is that the world gets boring after you ultimately side with one faction.

In what ways? Still side quests for days but does the world really change a lot after you beat the story with a faction? Feel like I'm getting close to that on my BOS play through.

In the main story I've just found Nick Valentine. At L9 now. Done a few side quests, but trying to just roam around and collect shit and level up before trying most of them.

Nick is the best.

Edward Snowden ‏@Snowden 2h2 hours ago

Ever have one of those days where you just wanted to play Fallout 4, but somebody says something so dumb you have to get on Twitter?

I've been playing a bunch of Dying Light lately. Even though it has some frame rate issues, I'm really enjoying it.

currently lvl 31 and just wandered to the eastern part of the map (Salem-region) and damn, difficult just ratcheted right back up to the point where I actually fear big firefights again.

I'm at Level 14 now. Got a Fat Man and one mini nuke, what should I be saving this thing for?

I played through the Minutemen and the Brotherhood of Steel quests until they asked me to join, then said no. Joining up with a faction would close off some other quest lines, right? And I can always go back to them and join up?

I'm at Level 14 now. Got a Fat Man and one mini nuke, what should I be saving this thing for?

I played through the Minutemen and the Brotherhood of Steel quests until they asked me to join, then said no. Joining up with a faction would close off some other quest lines, right? And I can always go back to them and join up?

Mirelurk Queens. The Sentry Bot you just don't want to slug it out with. When you come across more than a single Deathclaw.

I joined all of them and then said no when I got the message "if you do this you will be an enemy of the other factions". Just recently had to pick for good though.

Went with Brotherhood of Steel. Danse is my go to companion (he is a beast) and I didn't want to lose him yet.

I've been playing Halo: The Master Chief collection. I only ever played Halo 3 on the older generation so its been fun playing through some of the older games. I'm just biding my time until the influx of games at Christmas.

I've been slowly picking through Halo 1 as well, and I'm constantly frustrated at how difficult it is to find the correct path. There is no map other than the local radar, and there are no visible waypoints. Inside areas are better, as there are usually some clues in the environment, but exterior levels are brutal.

Been playing Battlefront since it came out, and there are 2 things I don't really understand:

First: Why not have cardinal directions on the mini-map? It makes it completely useless when I'm playing with my friends and I have to specifically describe whats around me so that they know where I am. Instead of just saying "I'm in the northeast corner" I end up having to say things like "I'm by that large rock with the pointy top that sits beside the slightly smaller rock with a smooth top." We've finally started setting directions in the beginning, but it's just an annoying omission that doesn't really seem to serve any purpose. Not to mention the fact that there is no overhead map you can view.

Secondly: Why don't they let you communicate with people other than those in your party? I could understand if every map was 40 people, though I'd probably still just divide up the teams into squads. The game modes require a significant amount of coordination, so I don't really understand why they have made it impossible to communicate in game.

Last edited:
I've been slowly picking through Halo 1 as well, and I'm constantly frustrated at how difficult it is to find the correct path. There is no map other than the local radar, and there are no visible waypoints. Inside areas are better, as there are usually some clues in the environment, but exterior levels are brutal.

What's confusing is that some levels have arrows on the floor that tell you where to go (Assault on the Control Room I think) but when you go through that level again on Two Betrayals, you have to go the opposite direction of the arrows.

Back