• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

i want to know the specs of the rig that can run those graphics at an acceptable framerate, because, day-um.

i want to know the specs of the rig that can run those graphics at an acceptable framerate, because, day-um.

tianhe-2.jpg

X6 is so fucking broken. (fallout)

Who's everybody siding with faction wise in Fallout? I can't make up my mind. I'm currently leaning towards the BOS but I'm not in love with them but I'm not in love with any of the other factions either (which I think is the point).

I'm annoyed that every retailer is offering the exact same PS4 bundle (Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection) at the exact same price ($299) for Black Friday. They are getting creative with their XBox bundles to differentiate, but every PS4 deal is the exact same. Give me fallout 4 or an extra controller, come on Best Buy.

Who's everybody siding with faction wise in Fallout? I can't make up my mind. I'm currently leaning towards the BOS but I'm not in love with them but I'm not in love with any of the other factions either (which I think is the point).

I just found the Railroad last night before going to bed and have avoided joining the BOS in favor of progressing the storyline (which I have barely advanced)

I'm annoyed that every retailer is offering the exact same PS4 bundle (Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection) at the exact same price ($299) for Black Friday. They are getting creative with their XBox bundles to differentiate, but every PS4 deal is the exact same. Give me fallout 4 or an extra controller, come on Best Buy.

I've been looking at those too. Target will have a Cyber Monday Uncharted bundle for $350 with Last of Us and a $25 coupon on Playstation Network added in, but with Last of Us available at Walmart for $25, you are basically breaking even on it. I think there is also an Uncharted bundle that includes Playstation TV for $350, but I'm not sold on that either.

I just found the Railroad last night before going to bed and have avoided joining the BOS in favor of progressing the storyline (which I have barely advanced)

How many hours in are you? I'm just so torn between all of them, minus the institute. I was considering them but last night was a major fuck you moment. I'm going for a platinum trophy so I'll see how all of them play out but I feel like my main save will be going with the railroad.

I'm not sure how many hours; i'm Lvl 18. I only get to put in an hour or two each night at the moment. I'm turning into an #old.

But I leveled up my gun nut perk and bought the Overseer's Guardian and yup, seriously OP. At least right now. I always creep into gun battles and shoot from long distance. My favorite gun, though, is my Calibrated Powerf .38 pipe rifle with marksman stock, medium scope, drum mag and supressor. I love just plinking round after round from long range for dat 2x multiplier, even with only 30 dmg

I'm not sure how many hours; i'm Lvl 18. I only get to put in an hour or two each night at the moment. I'm turning into an #old.

But I leveled up my gun nut perk and bought the Overseer's Guardian and yup, seriously OP. At least right now. I always creep into gun battles and shoot from long distance. My favorite gun, though, is my Calibrated Powerf .38 pipe rifle with marksman stock, medium scope, drum mag and supressor. I love just plinking round after round from long range for dat 2x multiplier, even with only 30 dmg

OG is OP. As I posted last week, I modded it to make it semi auto and ran up my rifleman perk. GGWP

Damn. I want a PS4 over an Xbox, but this bundle is really tempting

6700c6ed62e4b086802dedc5e667a623.jpg

For some reason I associate Xbox with 14 year olds yelling "faggot" into their headset while playing call of duty, and I associate PlayStation with cool creative indie games

Pretty sure you will find 14 year olds yelling slurs on any console when you play games online. And most of those cool indie games are on PC as well. PS4 usually runs slightly better than the XBONE, but the only significant difference between them is the exclusives. PS4 has a bit of an edge on that as well, but many of those are also on PC. You probably won't regret getting either.

Fallout rant:

So the good: I'm almost done with the game. Also, the railroad rifle is op as shit.

Bad:
Up until today I experienced mainly fun bugs, shit just flying places after VATS. Didn't understand a lot of the rage on the internet until today. Today has beyond pissed me the fuck off.

First I had an entire mission where I couldn't trade with Nick. No spoilers but this mission is loaded with shit you want and not being able to trade was infuriating walking around with more shit than I could carry.

I've had at least 15 hard crashes (on PS4) and 7 on the final fucking level of the game. I just want to fucking finish but nope. teleport, crash. Walk through a door crash, speak to somebody, crash. I get making a game with so many variables is hard as hell and there's no way that everything could be tested but for fucks sake this is infuriating. I know I'm right at the end of the game and I just want to finish it but nah. Restart the console, play for 30 seconds then another crash. I just wish shit worked because I haven't been this sucked into a game in forever and I truly love it but this shit just takes all the wind out of the sails. Really hope patches start rolling out and the game gets more stable because it's fun as hell.

If I didn't like this game so much I'd just call it quits because it's so infuriating. I can't advance in my story at this point.

Who knows, maybe Fallout will feel like working tomorrow.

I'd like to hear your reasoning.

As an entertainment device, the XBO is great. The PS4 has better graphics and the D-pad isn't flawed like both of my XBO controllers.

Fallout rant:

So the good: I'm almost done with the game. Also, the railroad rifle is op as shit.

Bad:
Up until today I experienced mainly fun bugs, shit just flying places after VATS. Didn't understand a lot of the rage on the internet until today. Today has beyond pissed me the fuck off.

First I had an entire mission where I couldn't trade with Nick. No spoilers but this mission is loaded with shit you want and not being able to trade was infuriating walking around with more shit than I could carry.

I've had at least 15 hard crashes (on PS4) and 7 on the final fucking level of the game. I just want to fucking finish but nope. teleport, crash. Walk through a door crash, speak to somebody, crash. I get making a game with so many variables is hard as hell and there's no way that everything could be tested but for fucks sake this is infuriating. I know I'm right at the end of the game and I just want to finish it but nah. Restart the console, play for 30 seconds then another crash. I just wish shit worked because I haven't been this sucked into a game in forever and I truly love it but this shit just takes all the wind out of the sails. Really hope patches start rolling out and the game gets more stable because it's fun as hell.

If I didn't like this game so much I'd just call it quits because it's so infuriating. I can't advance in my story at this point.

Who knows, maybe Fallout will feel like working tomorrow.

:plos:

Read a review on Star Wars: Battlefront and I think I'm going to pass.

As previously mentioned, there's no single player campaign, the multiplayer is reported repetitive, and while you can actually do things in coop or solo, those game play methods don't seem to be very interesting.

Back