• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

i played Endless Legend until too late last night. Great game, just as addictive as Civ, really cool factions, environment, graphics, and battle mechanics.

Downsides: the interface is confusing, there is no manual, and the tutorial is extremely basic, so I'm still struggling with some basic game mechanics. It also doesn't have an in-game Civ-O-Pedia - when you click on the icon for "help" it takes you out of the game to a Wiki. WTF?

There happens to be a Steam sale on this now. Based on you saying it's Civ-worthy, I'm going to buy the Emperor Edition. It looks like expansions are mostly new units and factions, rather than gameplay changes like BNW and G&W were for Civ5 so I'll pick those up later if I'm into it.

XCOM 2 is coming out in about 5 weeks, then you'll have the answer to the thread title's question.

There happens to be a Steam sale on this now. Based on you saying it's Civ-worthy, I'm going to buy the Emperor Edition. It looks like expansions are mostly new units and factions, rather than gameplay changes like BNW and G&W were for Civ5 so I'll pick those up later if I'm into it.

XCOM 2 is coming out in about 5 weeks, then you'll have the answer to the thread title's question.

Dark Souls 3 is the next good game. :thumbsup:

Just started Fallout 4 last night. First Fallout game, so it's taking some getting used to. Killed the Deathblow in Concord and now trying to figure out where to go from here. Messing around a bit trying to learn the mechanics of the workshops, and eventually heading to Diamond City. There is a lot of game mechanics to get used to as well (pickpocketing, persuasion, etc.) that goes well beyond a normal fighting game.

Enjoying it so far.

"Aw, Man! We're missin' the death blow!"

Also, I'm at the same point in the game that you are.

Dark Souls 3 is the next good game. :thumbsup:

Got a ps4 over this holiday and fired up bloodborne for the first time. Very good so far but I have lost so many souls... Err blood echoes. Still not quite sure how the summoning system works. I lose incite each time? How do I get more?

Just started Fallout 4 last night. First Fallout game, so it's taking some getting used to. Killed the Deathblow in Concord and now trying to figure out where to go from here. Messing around a bit trying to learn the mechanics of the workshops, and eventually heading to Diamond City. There is a lot of game mechanics to get used to as well (pickpocketing, persuasion, etc.) that goes well beyond a normal fighting game.

Enjoying it so far.

Pickpocketing and persuasion, AKA savescumming.

Spent a lot of time last night at Sanctuary trying to get used to building shit around a city. I need to get rid of the RAD and have been looking for different things so I can make food to get it out.

Also, how do I get people there to man the defense posts/crop the food? I've planted the sufficient food and built defense bases, but it keeps telling me to find somebody to man it. Dumb question, but I couldn't figure it out last night.

highlight a citizen and hit Y (on xbone) when you're in build mode then hit it again on the thing you want to assign them to do (crops/defense platform/etc)

there's literally no acknowledgement from the game except the person mutters "ok, will do" or something that you can't even hear unless you're next to them.

highlight a citizen and hit Y (on xbone) when you're in build mode then hit it again on the thing you want to assign them to do (crops/defense platform/etc)

there's literally no acknowledgement from the game except the person mutters "ok, will do" or something that you can't even hear unless you're next to them.

Ah, ok. Thanks a ton!

Got a ps4 over this holiday and fired up bloodborne for the first time. Very good so far but I have lost so many souls... Err blood echoes. Still not quite sure how the summoning system works. I lose incite each time? How do I get more?

You get insight from killing bosses and helping other people. You'll have plenty of insight later in the game, though it's hard to come by early on.

Spent a lot of time last night at Sanctuary trying to get used to building shit around a city. I need to get rid of the RAD and have been looking for different things so I can make food to get it out.

Also, how do I get people there to man the defense posts/crop the food? I've planted the sufficient food and built defense bases, but it keeps telling me to find somebody to man it. Dumb question, but I couldn't figure it out last night.

This was me a few weeks ago trying to figure out how to connect wire.

Fallout getting votes for most disappointing game of the year from Giant Bomb. Shots fired.

I'll be honest with you, I quit it about a month ago. Not sure what happened, I played it nonstop for 2 weeks or so then missed a day and haven't picked it back up.

ALSO: I discovered Many A True Nerd a couple of weeks ago, and I think it might be my favorite YT channel right now. That dude is great. Really funny, too.

I was introduced to it through his Fallout 3 YOLO run, which is generally amazing and highly recommended. Basically, he's seeking to beat FO3 and all of its DLC without dying once, and without any use of any form of healing (right down to the game's own natural health regen). The ruleset is actually sort of fascinating in its own right-- he decreed that he can use certain drugs (like Psycho), but that he wouldn't be able to cure any addictions, and he's keeping a persistent radiation counter as well.

My favorite part of the run is how clearly well-versed he is with the game. He has very specific routes and plans on how to attack most every section, which sometimes leads to some unconventional decisions. For example, one of the absolute best parts of the run so far was his going into the Deathclaw Sanctuary at level 7, and coming out of it without any health loss. He's just posted Part 20 of the run last week (it's a weekly posting), and is finishing up Operation: Anchorage right now before heading into Mothership Zeta.

Here's the link to Part 1 of the run if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh1FMznHfHw&list=PLwH1xJhcXG0ch67P-LJESEV6Cm-R_uOBD

He's also already completed a YOLO run for Fallout: New Vegas, and Kill Everything runs for both FO3 and FO:NV.

Back