• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

i just didn't picture it as a prestige market product. I was really hoping this would get pushed for the mainstream to get more companies investing in supporting the technology.

Sounds like this is going to be for Dave & Busters and super rich kids

It's going to take some time to make it mainstream. People don't understand how much gpu power is required to run these things.

Current generation consoles don't even meet the recommended specs.

They can charge 3000.00 per package once they integrate that in sync bluetooth pocket pussy

It's going to take some time to make it mainstream. People don't understand how much gpu power is required to run these things.

Current generation consoles don't even meet the recommended specs.

true, but then it's a double (or triple w/ the controller). First you need to respect your rig or buy one, then buy this $500 tv for your face and possibly the controller.

Oculus bro says that price point doesn't make them money

I mean, I understand from the standpoint that it is new technology and high quality stuff. I'd expect to pay a higher price as an early adopter but they did an awful job at managing expectations. The narrative for the longest time was $300-$400.

This doesn't even include the touch controls which will probably be another $200.

The Vive will include controls and some other stuff so I really expect it to be close to $1000.

Pretty crazy when you also need a $1000(minimum) computer to even use them.

Yeah, you're gonna need a powerful computer. Given the cost it'll be a niche product.

i just didn't picture it as a prestige market product. I was really hoping this would get pushed for the mainstream to get more companies investing in supporting the technology.

Sounds like this is going to be for Dave & Busters and super rich kids

I read with shipping and taxes it'll cost about $1,000 in Canada.

Consoles all take losses on hardware and make it up on games. Why would this be any different?

Please tell me there's a workaround or a patch coming for this xbone "end of the line" glitch

I view this as the PS3 of VR headsets. It will be a loss leader until CV2 comes out. I'm sure they get some licensing for games, similar to Nvidia, but I don't think it will ever offset the cost.

Yeah, retail sites are just making up placeholder dates. I know I got a few of you into the DOOM multiplayer beta, but if you don't know much about DOOM it's this month's cover story in Game Informer. Thought this little vidoo by Matt and Reiner at Game Informer was a pretty good primer. We let them play single-player, some new MP, and some Snap-Map.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...aying-the-new-doom-splattered-our-brains.aspx

#ShamelessSelfPromotion

In other news, it had the misfortune of shipping the same day as Fallout 4, but the new Tomb Raider is a lot of fun. Xbox One only, PC comes out at the end of the month, but I've been enjoying my time with it.

In other news, it had the misfortune of shipping the same day as Fallout 4, but the new Tomb Raider is a lot of fun. Xbox One only, PC comes out at the end of the month, but I've been enjoying my time with it.

I'm waiting on the PC version, but I'll be playing day 1. The new Tomb Raider games are amazing.

I got Pony Island this weekend. Really excited/terrified to start that. It's gotten some really good reviews, but I know it's going to fuck with my head and I'M NOT READY FOR THAT.

I would just like to say that I started playing MGSV a couple days ago, and I had no idea that it was David Bowie: The Video Game. Pretty funny all the references Kojima put into it, in the way of setting and character design, as opposed to just dropping random lines during the game.

Back