• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Anyone still playing Fallout? My wife and I are basically at the same point in the game, so it's fun to talk with her about it and places we've been or things that happened to us. There have been at least two instances where my OCD exploring has paid off into something really good for my character, and for me it's really nice to get rewarded for things like that. Modding weapons and armor is really fun too, and I haven't even started on settlements yet. I also love the backstories/holotapes, they really give a sense of what things were like before the bombs fell. The one with the runaway girl especially got to me.

yeah, I jumped back into fallout after a few weeks off and have been playing a lot the last couple days. I had gotten a little frustrated with it because I felt underpowered for all the missions and side quests I had available, and after I came back to it I immediately found two legendary weapons that made things a lot more fun.

My character is only about level 10 and it took me a few hours to clear out the Corvega plant. I'm trying to make a stealth/sniper character, my favorite perk is the one that gives you 2.5x damage when sneaking. It was fun taking out the outer guards with a sniper rifle from distance.

Anyone still playing Fallout? My wife and I are basically at the same point in the game, so it's fun to talk with her about it and places we've been or things that happened to us. There have been at least two instances where my OCD exploring has paid off into something really good for my character, and for me it's really nice to get rewarded for things like that. Modding weapons and armor is really fun too, and I haven't even started on settlements yet. I also love the backstories/holotapes, they really give a sense of what things were like before the bombs fell. The one with the runaway girl especially got to me.

Finished it and stopped. The ending made me kinda mad, so I didn't feel like continuing after.

the game seemed to break for me at the end and I couldn't complete it and there isn't hasn't been an update yet, so i basically shelved it

Finally made it to Diamond City. I stopped trying to clear out the plant, my dude is weak as hell and I have no good weapons.

It's my first Fallout game so I'm sure I haven't maximized what I'm doing, but it's frustrating how weak my dude is.

Started off splitting play time between The Witcher 3 and Fallout and haven't touched Fallout in almost a month. I doubt I'll ever get another Fallout game again. The Witcher 3 on the other hand.... holy shit that story. I'm on my second play through.

in the ranger cabin?

Yeah I've been splitting my time between NHL 15 and madden as well.

Can anybody give me some advice on a solid weapon to use early on in Fallout?

Yeah I've been splitting my time between NHL 15 and madden as well.

Can anybody give me some advice on a solid weapon to use early on in Fallout?

I used a 10mm and sniper rifle until late game. The laser rifle you get from the brotherhood missions is pretty great.

Clearing out the Tower near the Boston Public Library. The big boss is a BEAR to beat.

yeah, go to the Cambridge Police Dept early on and do the brotherhood mission. You'll get a ton of ammo from clearing out the synths in that mission and the laser rifle is a big help

Back