• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

This was me a few weeks ago trying to figure out how to connect wire.

Somehow I got this right away. The game isn't very helpful in explaining how to do things. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the water pump to produce water. I'm pumping BUT IT'S NOT COMING.

I got my new laptop and I'm planning on probably replaying Skyrim on it, but now with all of the mods that I wasn't able to run on my old laptop (it started running at a pretty stable 60fps, but with the mods I've got I'm down to a solid 35 fps, which I'm fine with, it sure is perty). I've got a ton installed so far, but does anyone recommend any specific gameplay overhaul mod? I played with SkyRe back in the day, but now the same guy has Perkus Maximus, and Requiem is much bigger than I remember. Any thoughts?

I really should finish FO4. I just don't find the FO universe as interesting as TES though.

Fallout getting votes for most disappointing game of the year from Giant Bomb. Shots fired.

I can see this argument. The story gets really muddy at the end.

Also, Most Disappointing does not equal Worst Game for them. There were very high expectations for this game, and their biggest argument against it is that there was very little progress from FO3/FO:NV to this one except for the settlement system (which is hit or miss). They did give it 4 Stars on PC, but there just wasn't enough improvement in their eyes.

I love TES and really enjoy Fallout but, sadly, I feel like I'm getting too busy to play these games the way they're supposed to be played. I don't have time to create farms so i can harvest crops so i can cook up vegetable starch for a steady supply of adhesives for my upgrades. This game has an awesome crafting mechanic but sometimes I just want a fucking jet pack without crawling through 15 raider infested wrecked buildings searching for aluminum cans and duct tape.

i think the settlement stuff is interesting but I personally didn't really engage with it. too clunky and never understood the benefits. maybe on a harder setting where trading buffs and merchant availability is more important or something? I guess you benefit with some of the unique item builds but the game does zero to explain WTF to do with the settlements except defend them and offer some minor fetch/clearing quests.

Yeah I'm a bit confused as to the defense part. Do people ever attack Sanctuary that I will actually need to defend against?

Yeah I'm a bit confused as to the defense part. Do people ever attack Sanctuary that I will actually need to defend against?

yeah, you'll get notifications it (or other settlements) are "under attack". if you don't travel back and help defend something happens. I guess citizens die or stuff is damaged?

I love TES and really enjoy Fallout but, sadly, I feel like I'm getting too busy to play these games the way they're supposed to be played. I don't have time to create farms so i can harvest crops so i can cook up vegetable starch for a steady supply of adhesives for my upgrades. This game has an awesome crafting mechanic but sometimes I just want a fucking jet pack without crawling through 15 raider infested wrecked buildings searching for aluminum cans and duct tape.

i think the settlement stuff is interesting but I personally didn't really engage with it. too clunky and never understood the benefits. maybe on a harder setting where trading buffs and merchant availability is more important or something? I guess you benefit with some of the unique item builds but the game does zero to explain WTF to do with the settlements except defend them and offer some minor fetch/clearing quests.

I'm in the same boat which is why I've decided to use the console extensively. I still enjoy the story and the random stuff you stumble across but I really can't be bothered to amass all the materials needed to remove the slog that is progression.

I just returned AC: Syndicate, Fallout 4, and Witcher 3 to Best Buy and used the money to purchase Xbox gift cards (plus about $5 of my own money).

Repurchased the digital versions of AC: Syndicate and Fallout 4. Waiting on Witcher 3 to go on sale but I've still got about $70 worth of Xbox credit.

Have you finished it? I thought late game was very disappointing.

Not yet. I've been just exploring the world mostly. I actually haven't even done any main quest missions. The museum of witchcraft was pretty interesting.

Mrs I/O just spent the last four hours playing Fallout, it was pretty amusing to watch and a little scary at the same time since she's really into modding weapons and customizing her character. I had to help her with fighting the two mirelurks after she had to help Sully with the power station quest.

Not yet. I've been just exploring the world mostly. I actually haven't even done any main quest missions. The museum of witchcraft was pretty interesting.

It's a lit like Skyrim in that the world and side quests are better than the main quest.

$599 and March 2016 ship date. Pretty disappointing price point. Vive is probably going to be close to $1000.

Which one is the Microsoft augmented reality device?

I mean, I understand from the standpoint that it is new technology and high quality stuff. I'd expect to pay a higher price as an early adopter but they did an awful job at managing expectations. The narrative for the longest time was $300-$400.

This doesn't even include the touch controls which will probably be another $200.

The Vive will include controls and some other stuff so I really expect it to be close to $1000.

Pretty crazy when you also need a $1000(minimum) computer to even use them.

i just didn't picture it as a prestige market product. I was really hoping this would get pushed for the mainstream to get more companies investing in supporting the technology.

Sounds like this is going to be for Dave & Busters and super rich kids

Back