• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Also never played Skyrim, I was out of video games when it came out.

How does it compare to The Witcher 3? Things I loved about the Witcher: story, awesome characters, endless side quests, combat. Things I didn't love: crafting.

I basically ignored crafting in Fallout, might not be an option in Skyrim.

Definitely way better than Witcher crafting. You can avoid it more easily than FO, especially if you play as a wizard.

If you liked Witcher and Fallout you'll likely enjoy Skyrim.

Firewatch recently went on sale on Steam so I decided to finally buy it. Well worth $11.

The sheer amount of time I spent playing Skyrim is kind of embarassing... only dwarfed by how long I played Witcher 3

If I don't get to experience VR because Trump ruins civilization I am going to be pissed

The combat in Witcher 3 is much more fun than Skyrim combat IMO. Far more dynamic and it stays challenging through the end of the game. By the end of my Skyrim playthrough I was casually smacking down dragons right and left without bothering to buff, dodge, or think. They say the game levels the monsters but at some point my character far surpassed the ability of the game to keep up with me.

Skyrim crafting ... I dunno. It's kind of addictive in a way and makes you explore more. You can more or less avoid crafting in Witcher 3 except for a few key items, but if you want to survive in Skyrim you have to go dig up materials and craft better arms and armor. Therefore you seek out places to explore for materials, which is good, but you end up dragging around tons of raw materials and dealing with inventory management, constantly dragging your stash of elder ore or what have you back to base so you don't get encumbered while you try to level up your crafting skills.

The storyline and character development of Witcher 3 is exponentially better than Skyrim.

I enjoyed Skyrim but have no desire to play through it again. I do want to play through Witcher 3 again and I need to get the DLCs.

I stayed up and played too much Civ last night. Ugh. One more turn syndrome is still a real thing

The combat in Witcher 3 is much more fun than Skyrim combat IMO. Far more dynamic and it stays challenging through the end of the game. By the end of my Skyrim playthrough I was casually smacking down dragons right and left without bothering to buff, dodge, or think. They say the game levels the monsters but at some point my character far surpassed the ability of the game to keep up with me.

Skyrim crafting ... I dunno. It's kind of addictive in a way and makes you explore more. You can more or less avoid crafting in Witcher 3 except for a few key items, but if you want to survive in Skyrim you have to go dig up materials and craft better arms and armor. Therefore you seek out places to explore for materials, which is good, but you end up dragging around tons of raw materials and dealing with inventory management, constantly dragging your stash of elder ore or what have you back to base so you don't get encumbered while you try to level up your crafting skills.

The storyline and character development of Witcher 3 is exponentially better than Skyrim.

I enjoyed Skyrim but have no desire to play through it again. I do want to play through Witcher 3 again and I need to get the DLCs.

I've never played an RPG other than Dark Souls where I wasn't overpowered by the 80% mark. Except perhaps Morrowind.

The rest of this pretty fair. Revisiting Skyrim it's like "yep, this is a bethesda game, fo' sho'. Still think it's a lot better than FO4

Original Civ was the first game I accidentally stayed up all night playing. At work. Oops.

I was all about Civ 2: WWII Scenario.

I think by the end, I beat it with everyone but the Neutrals.

Spanish were the most fun.

This could go in the "unpopular opinions" thread too, but I got Skyrim soon after it came out and played about 3-4 hours. After an overwhelming feeling of "meh" I put it aside and haven't touched it in about 4 years. I think it's a genre thing, I'd give any of the Mass Effect games another playthrough before delving into some sword and sorcery business. In summary - sci fi: good; fantasy: whatevs.

Ditto on Skyrim...bought it....played it for like 2 days, then just tossed it aside. Wasn't my cup of tea. I basically only play sports games now. And the occasional COD multiplayer or the Batman series.

Titanfall 2 anyone? Pretty incredible. Single player campaign has a few unbelievably cool and memorable levels - up there with Half-Life 2 in creativity (At times, not the entire campaign.). Movement is quick and fluid. Multiplayer will be awesome.

Titanfall 2 anyone? Pretty incredible. Single player campaign has a few unbelievably cool and memorable levels - up there with Half-Life 2 in creativity (At times, not the entire campaign.). Movement is quick and fluid. Multiplayer will be awesome.

I've heard that the multiplayer is bad, which is really surprising to me

what? everything i've heard is it's awesome.

shitty timing for release between Battlefield and CoD for a franchise that had a dumb launch the first go-around

most accounts I've heard have Titanfall 2 pretty far behind BF1 multiplayer, but pretty far ahead in single player (with CoD not really factoring into either conversation)

I haven't played any of them, so I can't really vouch for that though

yeah, i dunno, i really don't get the people who are into Battlefield. It's the same shit as the first battlefield with better graphics every time.

we're at the point where people like certain MP experiences and stay in lanes

Back