• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Shooshmoo

Reaction score
Far be it from me to have the Pit cred to start a long-running video game thread, but I am hoping to have the time at some point in my life to play the new Uncharted game (which I think comes out today) and the Batman game, among others, and thought there should be a place on the board to discuss new games. I know there is an Elder Scrolls thread that has sort of turned into that, but I was thinking of something more general.

In any event, I thought this ridiculous gaming simulator was worth its own thread anyway.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20126227-1/a-gaming-simulator-like-no-other/?tag=cnetRiver

"All the action went down in an Igloo Vision projection dome, which is a 360-degree display area housed in a steel frame enclosure. Navigating around terrain and obstacles seems intuitive, thanks to an omni-directional treadmill. To really make things feel real, the simulator ditches a traditional controller or keyboard and instead requires a gun with sensory inputs that moves the display according to the direction of the barrel.

An Xbox Kinect camera hack tracks players while 800 LEDs add to a sense of depth with ambient lighting. The real kicker is the 12 paintball guns tuned to incoming enemy fire, meaning that when you get hit, you really get hit."

I need to finish the second uncharted before getting the 3rd. Love those types of games though.

I think that videogames are corrupting the youth and should be banned.

Xbox Live Gamertags

xmandeac- BonnieGold429
timdunkandthefunk- bigburrito deac
davejuice- BF Biggins
Juice- Juice k thx
Supradeac- Supradeac
ImTheCaptain- PicardVsKirk
slothrop- FredExItToYou
yodeacsgo- OminousBradYo
StreaminDeacon-TDsDaTruth
redwing42- redwing42
KnightAtWake- IWasKaeisFirst
Deaconslim2.0- DeaconSlim
Deadbolt- Deadbolt31313
TWDeac- Changinbert
Screamindemon3- LAWSONIANWONDER
OliveGardenDeac-Fadunked
Deacsfan27- SnowyMeerkat
PhysDeac-ComStan
dieseldeac- dieseldeac
deacfan- deacfan
lunadeac- killadeac3
dtdf- Danthedeacsfan
sleepy- sleepywfu98
raleighdeacon- teentymurph
spiffylubes: spiffylube
islanddeac: stryderdeac
DeaconCav06: DeaconCav06

PSN IDs
Demon09- wfph09
blackngold35- philbilly35
Juice- DPedroia
deacvision7- deacvision7
deacfan- deacfan
Zdeac: RZSmitty
Deacfreak07: Deacfreak07
phdeac: reflection27

Last edited:
NHL is by far my favorite game, specifically online. I will dabble with COD, but I was so into Halo in college I think I burned myself out on shooter/fantasy kind of games.

I need to finish the second uncharted before getting the 3rd. Love those types of games though.

Uncharted comes out Nov 1. Already preordered it from Amazon. Going to be amazing. IGN gave it a perfect 10, which they've never done before.

The 2d Uncharted is my favorite game of all time -- if this new one is anywhere near the last one, I'll be happy.

The 2d Uncharted is my favorite game of all time -- if this new one is anywhere near the last one, I'll be happy.

Pretty much my opinion, as well. 2 was incredible. The multiplayer on 3 so far has been a big improvement and Naughty Dog is a really great, responsive game company, so hopes are understandably very high.

I can't do shooters. At least not terrain level ones, I can do overhead ones like Alien Swarm or Shadowgrounds.
Currently playing League of Legends and looking forward to Diablo and SWTOR.

Mass Effect 3 Co-op Multiplayer seems to be like Gears Horde mode....but in mass effect. this is intriguing to say the least.

I haven't had much PS3 time over the last two weeks and when I have, I've been playing my PS3 dynasty for our Pit leagues. I'm really looking forward to playing Batman: Arkham City when I have more time.

Also, I am a huge hater of the Assassins Creed games. The attacking is just plain stupid. Its like you get surrounded by 5-12 guys and then they all stand back and watch as you pick them off one by one. Just retarded to me. "hey man, lets stand here and watch that hooded guy kill all of our friends, and then when he turns and faces us we will try to attack but were pretty much gonna die"

Is it really that awesome? It's coming free with my video card and I was going to ebay the code. I don't want to be an asshole.

My roommate is currently playing it. Says its the best video game hes ever played. Though all he has ever played is COD, The AC games, The god of war games, and red dead redemption.

Uncharted comes out Nov 1. Already preordered it from Amazon. Going to be amazing. IGN gave it a perfect 10, which they've never done before.

They've done it a few times.

I know GTA IV got one and i'm pretty sure Ocarina of time also.

Still, incredibly rare... i want to buy a PS3 just so i can play it.

Back