• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Not at all. I haven't finished it, but so far, the stories don't link.

Let me ask it a different way. I've got #2 and Infinite available to me now. My plan is currently to go in order but part of me wants to play Infinite now since it's the new shiny. Are they so unlinked to each other that order doesn't matter at all, or is there some reason, even if a small one, to go in order?

Let me ask it a different way. I've got #2 and Infinite available to me now. My plan is currently to go in order but part of me wants to play Infinite now since it's the new shiny. Are they so unlinked to each other that order doesn't matter at all, or is there some reason, even if a small one, to go in order?

As far as I can tell, at this point, there's no reason to play 2 before Infinite (plot-wise).

Bioshock 2 has no connection to Infinite. From my understanding, there are a couple links between the original and Infinite, but more along the lines of "oh, that's a cool reference" rather than "oh, so that's what that means!" However, I haven't played Infinite yet (have to wait another couple weeks), so I don't know for certain. You may want to play 2 first, though, because it could be tougher to go back and enjoy 2 because of the upgrades in Infinite.

Appears to be all but confirmed that the next XBOX will be required to be always online. Doesn't cause a problem for me personally, so long as they keep the built in wireless, but I think it is a terrible business decision. Also looking like $500 at launch or $300 + a 2 year Live subscription at $15/month. I want to hear where Sony's prices come out at, but I'm leaning PS4 right now. Just not much to keep me with MS at this point.

$500?

I was expecting worse.

Looking to get rid of cable in a new home so streaming options are important.

No way will I ever give up Microsoft's excellent online infrastructure.

I'm not getting one until well into next year anyway, so I'll have plenty of time for others to discover the pitfalls of each. I do know that Sony has made leaps and bounds in their online over the past 18 months or so, so I think they might get it right at launch this time.

iZ4Xc7uzxvJUA.gif

My main console problem is hard drive space. I have a PS3, but I don' t know what size HD. I like to keep my old games on there, so I can import info to subsequent games or not lose an epic saved game. The problem is I can only have about 8 or so on there at any time. Sucks. I am sure there is an easy way to fix the problem, but it hasn't annoyed me enough to deal with it.

Not sure how the PS3 memory manager works, but are you keeping the whole game on the HD, or just the saves? Because you should be able to delete the main game file and still keep the saves/settings for later.

My main console problem is hard drive space. I have a PS3, but I don' t know what size HD. I like to keep my old games on there, so I can import info to subsequent games or not lose an epic saved game. The problem is I can only have about 8 or so on there at any time. Sucks. I am sure there is an easy way to fix the problem, but it hasn't annoyed me enough to deal with it.

I think it's pretty easy to put in a bigger hard drive.

Not sure how the PS3 memory manager works, but are you keeping the whole game on the HD, or just the saves? Because you should be able to delete the main game file and still keep the saves/settings for later.

Maybe this is what I need to do. That sounds easy enough. I guess I just assumed that the removing the game data would wipe out the save data.

I have never had a problem with PS3 online and I don't have to pay for it by the month. I expect the PS3 to be around the same. Poor gamestop is all I can say. Will Walmart have midnight releases for NCAA. I will get a PS4, but I will not stand in line for 10 hours for one like I did for the ps3.

So apparently there is a Final Fantasy V app now. I've never played a FF, is that a good one?

The Injustice: Gods Among Us demo came out last Tuesday and the game comes out this Tuesday. It's the latest DC Comics fighting came from the makers of the last Mortal Kombat game.

The demo only has Batman, Wonder Woman, and Lex Luthor. It looks pretty good. Steep learning curve for each character though. Other clips and reports show a lot of depth for a fighting game with a strong story mode and mini-games for each character as well as online play.

So apparently there is a Final Fantasy V app now. I've never played a FF, is that a good one?

V was pretty good. Story was kind of dumb at times, but in a good way instead of being way too self-serious like some of the others. The job system was pretty interesting and allowed some good customization. Knowing Square, though, the app probably costs $15.

V was pretty good. Story was kind of dumb at times, but in a good way instead of being way too self-serious like some of the others. The job system was pretty interesting and allowed some good customization. Knowing Square, though, the app probably costs $15.

And thus, why I don't have it.

I did bite on FFT though.

Back