• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Poll time

Favorite Shanty: Lowlands Away
Favorite Tavern Song: All For Me Grog

Favorite Sails: Crimson Sails
Favorite Figurehead: Royal Fortune Figurehead

Poll time

Favorite Shanty: Lowlands Away
Favorite Tavern Song: All For Me Grog

Favorite Sails: Crimson Sails
Favorite Figurehead: Royal Fortune Figurehead

My favorite shanty is Drunken Sailor.

i have to pick up this game. not gonna buy a xbone for it though, i guess i'll just suffer through it one my old 360...

I really love the Faronara game you can play at 3 of the taverns, especially when the background music is playing. It's a cool game.

Favorite games

1. Final Fantasy Tactics (now available on iPhone/iPad!)
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Starcraft
4. GTA III
5. Sonic 2

Are we still doing top 5 lists?
1. Metal Gear Solid for PS
2. WWF No Mercy for N64
3. NBA Jam T.E for Sega
4. NFL Blitz for N64
5. 3-way tie between Ocarina of Time, Resident Evil 2, or Borderlands 2

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

My buddy +1s No Mercy. He says it's the best wrestling game of all-time. We used to have some pretty fun royal rumbles with that shit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

After thinking a bit harder, god damn was GBA an underrated system. Metroid Fusion, Golden Sun, Castlevania AoS, a port of Link to the Past, Advance Wars... Jesus.

I loved Advance Wars, Super Robot Taisen and the Castlevania games on GBA, but I really disliked Tactics Advance. I thought it was such a poor imitation in comparison to the PSX game.

I loved Advance Wars, Super Robot Taisen and the Castlevania games on GBA, but I really disliked Tactics Advance. I thought it was such a poor imitation in comparison to the PSX game.

I never played the original, so that probably has a lot to do with it. Golden Sun was the only GBA RPG I played that was even comparable.

The Reddit thread about Eve was awesome. Although the main takeaway was that while it sounded cool and amazing and the still images are nuts - watching the live feed of the servers barely chugging along at 5 fps to try to deal with the melee pretty much kills the magic.

Apparently it's excruciating to play. But it's crazy to think of hundreds of thousands of dollars of in-game investments getting torched in 2 days because someone forgot a rent payment.

Yeah, I played EVE for about 3-4 months and really never got anywhere. I experienced TDI a few times, and I can't imagine how awful it might be to be in a node that has enough TDI to potentially crash the server. Pretty ingenious server engineering.

I watched a few twitch streams while it was going on and it was easy to see how boring it could be. There was almost nothing going on because of the lag.

I'm the opposite, I'm at 47% sync and just started the Kingston sequence. The only upgrades I don't have on the Jackdaw are those that require elite plans. Took out the Legendary Ghost Ship yesterday which was pretty badass. For those that have played further in the story, what do you think of it?

I really don't understand the purpose of Kenway's fleet. Seems like a useless add-on, and I hate that you have to use it to get some upgrades like that cool figurehead.

This is the easiest of the four legendary ship battles. The armored ship that relentlessly fires mortars (the other southern one) and the fast ship that rams you (west of Florida) both require the Jackdaw to be upgraded fully, imo. The battle when you go against two Man 'o Wars at once isn't that difficult if you keep your distance.

Last edited:
Damn, hopefully that Fable Legends date isn't true. I was really hoping for something sooner than summer 2015.

Also, gimme dat system update

Back