• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Yeah. I don't get what this game is about. Are you a rebel soldier fighting the Imperials? Is this an FPS? RPG?

I know nothing about this game.

It's by Dice. Basically it's battlefield but replaced with Star Wars. It's 2 teams (one empire one rebels) and its a FPS but you can switch to 3rd person.

I think I played Star Wars Battlefront years ago. Were there other (non-Star Wars) games called "Battlefront"?

Not to my knowledge. There's Battlefield.

Last edited:
i picked up Borderlands 2 on Steam sale a few days ago and holy crap what a fun game. Anyone here play multiplayer? I tried to start a game through the matchmaking service yesterday and there was basically one game that the service could find in the whole world, apparently. Seems like the multiplayer coop could be awesome with a group of similarly-skilled-and-leveled players. Maybe I'm just too low level and if I was a much higher level/more progressed through the plot I'd find more games?

i picked up Borderlands 2 on Steam sale a few days ago and holy crap what a fun game. Anyone here play multiplayer? I tried to start a game through the matchmaking service yesterday and there was basically one game that the service could find in the whole world, apparently. Seems like the multiplayer coop could be awesome with a group of similarly-skilled-and-leveled players. Maybe I'm just too low level and if I was a much higher level/more progressed through the plot I'd find more games?

I'm not on steam (at least for that game but glad you're having a blast) Borderlands co-op is some of the most fun I've had in gaming in a while.

I'm not on steam (at least for that game but glad you're having a blast) Borderlands co-op is some of the most fun I've had in gaming in a while.

do you know if matchmaking is dependent on where you are in the game plot etc?

do you know if matchmaking is dependent on where you are in the game plot etc?

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

looked at that and saw that there are still a good amount of people on. I'm honestly not 100% sure, the majority of my time with it co-op was on 360 when the game first came out. It could be that people have the game setup so it's not open. I don't think that it's based on what level you are though because if I recall correctly there wasn't level scaling in co-op and there were times where we'd have a guy just getting fucked due to a low level. (with that being said all my co-op experiences were with friends that were on invite so it could be completely different in matchmaking)

Last edited:

Yeah I think you're more likely to find players through matchmaking once you reach closer to end-game/etc just because of how long the game has been out.

I've just played coop with friends in the past through manual invites via steam.

Finally got Heart of the Swarm after years of taking time away from SC. Anybody else play SC2?

ESPN had a whole Madden reality series several years ago. They've always capitalized on what is cheap and popular at the time.

yeah but the madden thing was mostly about the players playing the videogame and just highlights of the game in action.

ESPN had a whole Madden reality series several years ago. They've always capitalized on what is cheap and popular at the time.

I remember that. I could never understand how you would "win" the season because as soon as someone lost and was kicked off, they'd just bring someone else on.

Back