• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

I'm going to nit-pick here and I apologize in advance. If you turn 360 degrees, are you really walking away?

Noob:

1322254155940.gif

I kinda like what I saw.

The integration of everything into the XBOX One is pretty neat, but I'm sure it's just another way to force a bunch of proprietary equipment/connectors onto the user again.

They are really pushing the Cloud with this system, not really sure how I feel about that.

Hopefully it isn't necessary to have the Kinect or whatever they are going to call it in order to access EVERY feature of the new system, but I imagine it will be.

i thought the big unveil said that it will all work through HDMI.

I am wondering if my almost 10 year old Visio will be compatible with the overlay features of the Xbox. I'm not sure it has an HDMI "out" connection. My wife will love it when I announce that I have to buy a new TV to keep up with the new Xbox. :cool:

i thought the big unveil said that it will all work through HDMI.

I am wondering if my almost 10 year old Visio will be compatible with the overlay features of the Xbox. I'm not sure it has an HDMI "out" connection. My wife will love it when I announce that I have to buy a new TV to keep up with the new Xbox. :cool:

My impression was that the Xbox will be an HDMI pass through so it will come from your Cable box --> Xbox --> TV with one HDMI in each arrow. It actually will reduce the amount of cables going into your tV.

My impression was that the Xbox will be an HDMI pass through so it will come from your Cable box --> Xbox --> TV with one HDMI in each arrow. It actually will reduce the amount of cables going into your tV.

But you don't have to tell her that so that you can get a new TV.

You're probably right on both counts.

I wonder if you can use the HDMI return channel to feed the X1...

It'll be interesting how this all works.

posted the video for that game on here a few months ago and I am very excited about it. It looks fun.

made by the people who made Uncharted which is also one of my favorites.

Charging people fees to play used games? Fuck that. That sounds un-American. I hope no one buys their piece of shit console.

No guys... you've got it all wrong. It's all going to be ok. See what Major Nelson said:

“The ability to trade in and resell games is important to gamers and to Xbox. Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games. Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future.”

See? That makes it all better and obviously the MS executives who have been trying to explain the used game policy were just making shit up as they went.

ETA: That guy in the video has a really impressive collection of Sega Saturn games on the shelf behind him. I wasn't even sure they made that many games for it.

Last edited:
Charging people fees to play used games? Fuck that. That sounds un-American. I hope no one buys their piece of shit console.

Calm the hell down, there's nothing that screams "COMMUNISM" in this discussion.

Rumors are that the used game market is going to be destroyed by gaming companies. Microsoft isn't gonna ban used games, they're leaving it up to gaming companies to make their own policies about that, but the technology to enforce something like that will be in the console.

Also, PS4 is already heavily rumored to already have policy banning used games completely. Unless you wanna play WiiU for the next 8 years, looks like you're buying a piece of shit console.

I seriously doubt Sony would do something like that to piss gamers off before anyone else did.

Looks like a poor mans version of Falllout with zombies

I have been wanting a fallout/skyrim type large open world game with zombies for a long time. You have cities and you have forest. Tons of missions and places to travel. I prefer slow zombies in huge numbers to the fast zombies of dead island though.

I seriously doubt Sony would do something like that to piss gamers off before anyone else did.

Yeah, because Sony's perfect and has never done anything curious... Like removing features with each PS3.

Yeah, because Sony's perfect and has never done anything curious... Like removing features with each PS3.

They removed the backwards compatibility after the first model, what other features?

Back