• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Anyone pick up Mass Effect 3 today besides me?

Downloaded my pre-order and played a few hours yesterday. In the 3 or 4 hours I played it so far, it seems to be successful at balancing the hard-core RPG stuff from ME1 and the more streamlined approach ME2 took. Haven't played the MP yet, but from what I have heard it is a pretty neat meta-game concept.

Also, the new Sim City game was just announced, and looks awesome.

Downloaded my pre-order and played a few hours yesterday. In the 3 or 4 hours I played it so far, it seems to be successful at balancing the hard-core RPG stuff from ME1 and the more streamlined approach ME2 took. Haven't played the MP yet, but from what I have heard it is a pretty neat meta-game concept.

Also, the new Sim City game was just announced, and looks awesome.

Too bad that video isn't actual gameplay...not that many PCs could run that kinda ish. Looks pretty sweet though.

So Portal 1, Portal 2, ACI, ACII, ACIII. Anybody games I need to get? This ACIII looks cool as hell.

It is actually AC I, AC II, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, and the one with pictures above is AC III. I think you would like you should definitely try it out. Start from the beginning so you can understand the story, but don't give up after AC I because it is definitely nowhere near the game the others are.

Dear god. The Unreal Engine 3 is going to be insane.

This took 3 GTX 580s to run at 30fps.

To put it in perspective. The Xbox 720 will use an AMD 6670 like graphics processing unit. My current computer has a 6770 which was about $100.

One GFX 580 costs about $450 now(about 3 months ago, it was up toward $550) and is roughly 4-5x more powerful than the 6670.

We are at the end of a GPU cycle. A GFX 580 is on Fermi architecture. Nvidia's Kepler will be released in the coming weeks/months and should be a significant upgrade. Nvidia has announce that they were able to play that demo on one Kepler card.

It's a shame that the PC isn't the standard platform for development any longer. You just can't do this stuff on consoles.

Diablo 3, May 15th. Too bad that's right before my annual week-long beach trip, I'm not going to play that all day while my friends hang out on the beach!

Diablo 3, May 15th. Too bad that's right before my annual week-long beach trip, I'm not going to play that all day while my friends hang out on the beach!

I'll believe it when I see it actually running on my machine...

To put it in perspective. The Xbox 720 will use an AMD 6670 like graphics processing unit. My current computer has a 6770 which was about $100.

One GFX 580 costs about $450 now(about 3 months ago, it was up toward $550) and is roughly 4-5x more powerful than the 6670.

We are at the end of a GPU cycle. A GFX 580 is on Fermi architecture. Nvidia's Kepler will be released in the coming weeks/months and should be a significant upgrade. Nvidia has announce that they were able to play that demo on one Kepler card.

It's a shame that the PC isn't the standard platform for development any longer. You just can't do this stuff on consoles.

I love video games, but I only understood about 10% of this post (if that much).

This post explains the reasons that, despite having a new very fast laptop, I want to get a new desktop as well :(

When is the nextgen Playstation supposed to come out?

Within the next two years, I'd imagine. It should also closely coincide with the next Xbox launch. Sony doesn't want to get caught with their pants down again.

Been some silly console rumors out there lately. SteamBox got shot down for now (I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat if I could transfer my existing games to it). Rumor of the next XBOX not having a disc drive (no idea where this one came from... market isn't ready for a full digital console yet). Pretty sure that both the XBOX and PlayStation will be coming out in Sept. 2013.

So, I'm trying to be less terrible at Halo but I have a really difficult time honing in on people to get the headshots/quick kills. Any tips?
(sorry, i'm a noob derailing the convo back to basic things)

So, I'm trying to be less terrible at Halo but I have a really difficult time honing in on people to get the headshots/quick kills. Any tips?

Diversify your chromosomes and grow a penis.

Practice in legendary mode with the campaign! I found it worked pretty well.

redtube has a lot tutorials on this issue.

Playing through Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood this week so I can play Revelations next month.

I love this series so, so, so much.

Just keep playing, even if you aren't very good right now. Play with the DMR (I assume you're playing Reach) as much as you can. Don't worry about hitting the head with the first 3 shots, only the last shot to the head matters. Or just get the sniper every time you can and just keep trying.

Back