• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Videoboard on Offense?

Was at game but came home and watched abbreviated dvr of it afterwards - notes:

1. game looked great on tv - night/ colors/ aerial shots, etc
2.video board is great for video - replays are much clearer than before - don't understand running it live when we have the ball - should show replays as soon as play is over but stop interfering with the action
3. sound is WAY too loud -
4.stop putting mic on band from section 2 it sounded like the band was playing from section 9 instead of from the visitor's side of the field and sound was extremely distorted - with all the work we likely put in to get ready for this national tv extravaganza it is strange they wouldn't have done more soundchecks for this kind of stuff
5. Don't stop believin' - ? seriously? that is the cheesiest, worst I've ever seen - great song but leave it be

Summary - almost like a kid with a new Christmas toy - we have to try and play it non-stop and turn up every feature to the MAX - what happened to just letting the game be the story - WF football doens't have to be like the NBA with the non-stop crush of "entertainment" every second - it's like they're afraid of any non-scripted time from 8pm-11:30pm - we must fill in any gaps - I like SOME of it but come on people - what happened to the real pageantry of college football - the colors, the band, the crowd rising at the right moments, the sheer drama of the game - don't wal-mart the game experience into just another sports entertainment session

great points

Just stopping by to say that the Don't Stop Believin' sing-a-long is a complete disaster. Total embarrassment.

Not really the right place for this, but did anyone get a screen cap from the blimp?

The helmet shell game for some shopping center is extremely annoying.

There was also an advertisement for a new line of throwback WF apparel coming out, does anyone know anything about that? They should a vintage Deacon logo that looked pretty badass.

Whoever puts together the sound tracks for BOTH football and basketball needs to be fired. He (she?) is a total amateur.

In basketball, we are still playing the same old, same old sound track used in every high school gym in America for the past decade. In football, thinking the crowd will sing along to "Don't Stop Believin" is just unbelievable.

Not really the right place for this, but did anyone get a screen cap from the blimp?

I'm sure the Deacon Shop will have a pic for sale for about $60 in a few weeks

Whoever puts together the sound tracks for BOTH football and basketball needs to be fired. He (she?) is a total amateur.

In basketball, we are still playing the same old, same old sound track used in every high school gym in America for the past decade. In football, thinking the crowd will sing along to "Don't Stop Believin" is just unbelievable.

at least the high school soundtracks are current. we still play live your life (4 years old) and run this town (2.5 years old) at pretty much every event

Bring back Thunderstruck.

7 Nation Army is pretty damn good for pre-game. That would be much better than the 20 second screamo "One of us is going down" shit that we play now.

Also, the student section was good and loud for the first 3 quarters. They gave up about the same time that Lobo did.

Last edited:
While this was going on, a Notre Dame fan behind me said... "and this is why we don't have a video board at Notre Dame Stadium."

The thing is the game didn't even make any sense. Am I supposed to memorize all three and figure out the order if I am not in one of the sections playing? Am I supposed to pick one section and root for it? Stupid, stupid game.

The thing is the game didn't even make any sense. Am I supposed to memorize all three and figure out the order if I am not in one of the sections playing? Am I supposed to pick one section and root for it? Stupid, stupid game.

4real, bring back the racing jeeps.

Not only that but did anyone see the helmet go into a shopping bag before moving around the screen (I might have just missed it)? I had no idea which one was which as they were all moving around and not because I couldn't follow the bags.

7 Nation Army is pretty damn good for pre-game. That would be much better than the 20 second screamo "One of us is going down" shit that we play now.

Reminds me of the year we had Where the Streets Have No Name as the song during the bball video. I know the girl that made that one. She is really nice, but man she missed on that song.

Not only that but did anyone see the helmet go into a shopping bag before moving around the screen (I might have just missed it)? I had no idea which one was which as they were all moving around and not because I couldn't follow the bags.

My understanding was they put a helmet in all three bags, with each helmet representing a different possible winner.

In another complaint about the intro, how difficult is it to coordinate the crescendo of a rock song, fireworks, and the Deacon Chopper? That's all we need for a great, big time football entrance, yet we fuck it up every game. It's really jarring to play 20 seconds of some shitty screamo song, and then immediately cut to the fight song. We play the fight song 100 times a game, I think it's ok if we play the intro song while the Deacon rides out to midfield, and then cue up the band.

Last edited:
I think we forced way too much, the don't stop believing for sure, that was awful and the rally towels, I think if you hand them out people will use them, I think saying it once would probably be ok but they didn't need to put up the words rally towel on the video board

Last edited:
Back