• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Videoboard on Offense?

We have turned a football environment to an NBA environment. It seemed like the thumping techno music played at filling-rattling volume after every play takes the crowd out of the game. I thought the crowd was relatively quiet, even by Wake standards during much of the game. No use trying to compete with song-of-the-play blaring from those speakers. Just because we have the video board shouldn't mean that we need to be doing something special with it every moment that a play isn't going on.

I concur with all the negative comments regarding the "Don't Stop Believing" crap, but do appreciate them putting on the LSU-Bama game up after the game so we could see the end of that game.

I am completely embarrassed when the Journey thing starts.

I didn't mind the solicitation to wave the towell for the national audience. Panthers do this for playoffs and monday night football. I think that is more common.

The bag promotion is the one of the worst of all time. Further, they hype it like it is for the entire section and then dwindle it down to a row and two seats.

We have turned a football environment to an NBA environment. It seemed like the thumping techno music played at filling-rattling volume after every play takes the crowd out of the game. I thought the crowd was relatively quiet, even by Wake standards during much of the game. No use trying to compete with song-of-the-play blaring from those speakers. Just because we have the video board shouldn't mean that we need to be doing something special with it every moment that a play isn't going on.

I concur with all the negative comments regarding the "Don't Stop Believing" crap, but do appreciate them putting on the LSU-Bama game up after the game so we could see the end of that game.

Good post. I agree with all of this.

After all the extra shit we did for one home game against ND, we are going to look like tools when they end up in the ACC in a few years.

There was also an advertisement for a new line of throwback WF apparel coming out, does anyone know anything about that? They should a vintage Deacon logo that looked pretty badass.

<-----------

This was the logo on the board. Anyone know when this logo was used?

Also, I was in the Hanes Mall Deacon Shop a couple of weeks ago and they had some vintage-style t-shirts with this logo on it.

<-----------

Also, I was in the Hanes Mall Deacon Shop a couple of weeks ago and they had some vintage-style t-shirts with this logo on it.

Looking at that avatar now, I just noticed that his shirt collar is yellow. For weeks, I have thought that he just had a yellow neck. Seemed really silly looking with a white face and yellow neck.

<-----------

Up until the early '80's- I was a frosh in 1982 and by then we already had the present logo that we're all familiar with.

I'm going to sound like a curmudgeon here, but, frankly, my dear, that jumbotron/scoreboard is just too loud. That having been said, I found out last week that the one in Kenan Stadium is even worse.
The logo in question is indeed an old style Deacon (who looks really Baptist!). I have a number of items dating from the late 1950s that used that logo.

Regarding the volume issues with the videoboard, I sent an email to the AD's office about it. I would suggest others do the same.

Because of the late kick-off I splurged on 2 Bridger endzone seats for the wife and I, so no volume issues from my end of the field this time! :thumbsup:

I thought the crowd was relatively quiet, even by Wake standards during much of the game.

I also thought it was pretty quiet, especially for such a large crowd, but I think the problem is that instead of clapping, folks are silently waving towels. The towels look cool, but they don't make noise.

I also thought it was pretty quiet, especially for such a large crowd, but I think the problem is that instead of clapping, folks are silently waving towels. The towels look cool, but they don't make noise.

The cold didn't help.

Back