• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia Game Review / Louisville Game Week Thread

No problem with going for it.

Shouldn't that be taunting?

You def to for it there. That's the right move from a stats perspective and given opponent. I wish more teams would recognize this at every level of football

If you punt and it goes a touchback then you net 17 yards. But the possibility of a first down and keep a drive is worth the potential trade off and down side.

Has Washington caught a pass all year? No way I throw him the ball

I'm usually for going for it, but not when you need nine yards when you are so close to midfield.

You def to for it there. That's the right move from a stats perspective and given opponent. I wish more teams would recognize this at every level of football

I'd rather have done it in the first half in shorter situations. I like the aggressiveness but probably should've punted there.

I would have tried to draw them offsides then punted but at least make sure our best personnel are on the field.

Announcers are idiots. They have no grasp of what advanced stats dictate here

And don't let that TD convince you that going for it was a "stupid decision". Good process to go for it there in Louisville territory. It's the aggressive and correct move.

I'm still surprised they didn't give us PI on that too, the guy tackled him way before the ball got there.

Back