• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia vs. Wake Forest Game Thread - Fuck It All To Hell

Dinos, despite ANY statistics to the contrary, is not a good free throw shooter.

His stats are now very misleading. His average is 77% for the year but:

- he was 36/40 90% through the game with X
- Since X he's 14-25 or 56%

Since X his best FT games were dook 2-2 ad tonight 4-6, he has not made more than 50% in any other games since X.

To say the least he's been struggling at the line since X, unfortunately everyone has that 90% figure from early in the season stuck in their heads.

I've been a WF fan for over half a century and I have to face up to the painful reality that Wake is a pathetic joke athletically! It is the whipping post and laughing stock of the ACC. A few winning seasons in basketball and still fewer in football seduces gullible fans into the notion that Wake can win in the money sports But it can't! It's a cruel hoax...in part because those in charge aren't willing to do what is necessary to win.

Wake ought to give up on big-time athletics or at least join a lesser conference where occasional wins are possible.

Glad you have faith in this team. Who is your "lock" that we beat? BC. Cool. Maybe we win one more game. That is basically like losing out. Who gives a shit if we beat BC.

Somebody would tell you that it's our super bowl.

Never forget.

Now being laughed at on SportsCenter. What a fucking joke.

I've been a WF fan for over half a century and I have to face up to the painful reality that Wake is a pathetic joke athletically! It is the whipping post and laughing stock of the ACC. A few winning seasons in basketball and still fewer in football seduces gullible fans into the notion that Wake can win in the money sports But it can't! It's a cruel hoax...in part because those in charge aren't willing to do what is necessary to win.

Wake ought to give up on big-time athletics or at least join a lesser conference where occasional wins are possible.

58 years for me. I have been thinking that for some time now and will email it to wake. It has become painfully obvious.

If Wake joined a lesser conference, recruiting would fall off from even where it is now.

The end of the game made me think of this scene. We are like Johnny Drama and Wake Forest basketball is like the confused masseuse.

To add insult to injury we couldn't even "win" the title of "least likely blown lead." We got up to a 99.8% win probability on KenPom (up 7 with the ball and 22 seconds left) and lost, so UVA had a .2% chance to win. The least likely comeback was Canisius, who trailed 77-66 with 1:02 left against ULM and won 108-96 in triple overtime (.1% chance of winning for Canisius at the 1:02 mark).

Did anyone else hear Devin yelling at (Dinos? I think) "I told you I was taking the damn ball out!" It was at the end of the game when (Dinos???) took the ball out of bounds threw it into Devin, for some reason, and Devin was fouled and went on to miss 2 free throws. What a mental collapse by whoever inbounded the ball to not only decide to inbound it, but to inbound it to our worst free throw shooter...who is also, still, a headcase.

To add insult to injury we couldn't even "win" the title of "least likely blown lead." We got up to a 99.8% win probability on KenPom (up 7 with the ball and 22 seconds left) and lost, so UVA had a .2% chance to win. The least likely comeback was Canisius, who trailed 77-66 with 1:02 left against ULM and won 108-96 in triple overtime (.1% chance of winning for Canisius at the 1:02 mark).

2ce6rr5.jpg

Man. Wellman's plan succeeded. With two awful hires (3 if you count Dino...but he still won), he's convinced long-time Wake fans that two decades of sustained success prior never really occurred and that we can't be competitive again. Have been texting with some college buddies all season, some of whom read/post here, and a few have expressed the same opinion. Sad. So sad. It helps to explain why they all seem to think Manning is "good enough".

There's absolutely nothing, but our leadership, keeping us from being a top team in the ACC/nation again.

Last edited:
Man. Wellman's plan succeeded. With two awful hires (3 if you count Dino...but he still won), he's convinced long-time Wake fans that two decades of sustained success prior never really occurred and that we can't be competitive again. Have been texting with some college buddies all season, some of whom read/post here, and a few have expressed the same opinion. Sad. So sad. It helps to explain why they all seem to think Manning is "good enough".

There's absolutely nothing, but our leadership, keeping us from being a top team in the ACC/nation again.

Oh Heavens Yes

I learned it the day Wake got Pittsnoggled in the NCAAs. More learned in through other heart breakers over the years. Maybe a few more learned it tonight. Following WFU sports is a hobby, not a passion. If you're truly passionate about seeing WFU be great in big time revenue sports, you're in for a sad existence. Instead just accept our fate as a lower level ACC program that wins games we shouldn't once in a while, and once in a great while has a very good season. Go to the games, have a big time with friends and family, be a good fan of what's out there, and find a hobby that is at least a tiny bit within your control.

Same for DT after some of his dunks. ( was comment mebanedeac comment - on BC showboating and making FTs) - have a compete game before the 'see me' actions.

Last edited:

This is very short sighted thinking. I am just as upset as anyone, but if Wake left the ACC we would be just like about 20 other good liberal arts colleges that no one outside of their state has ever heard of. No more televised games, no more mention in the national media, no more bowl games. Just a pea ant college in a bucolic southern town. Being in the ACC has done more for Wake's reputation than anything else that we have done.

I can't either. If you're looking for a silver lining though - Bryant Crawford. 8/10 from the field. Career high 22 points. After the big misses hit his final 2 critical free throws and made a huge steal that was as close to a game-clinching play as you can possibly make and still lose the game.

Crawford is the future of the program, and the sooner he learns that these situations aren't Devin's, they're not Codi's - that they're his, the better.

I love Crawford & realize he is going to have a wonderful career at Wake, but he did not hit his final critical 2 free throws. if he hit those we at least could have got beat in OT.

I know the probability has been mentioned already, but to see the largest lead stat for UVA makes you shake your head even more.

Largest lead: 4-2 (17:32 1st half). Minimum win probability: 0.2% (trailed 70-63, 0:22 2nd half).

Instead just accept our fate as a lower level ACC program that wins games we shouldn't once in a while, and once in a great while has a very good season.

1989–90Dave Odom12–163–118th
1990–91Dave Odom19–118–6T-3rdNCAA Second Round
1991–92Dave Odom17–127–96thNCAA First Round
1992–93Dave Odom21–910–6T-3rdNCAA Regional Semifinals
1993–94Dave Odom21–129–73rdNCAA Second Round
1994–95Dave Odom26–612–41stNCAA Regional Semifinals
1995–96Dave Odom26–612–42ndNCAA Regional Final
1996–97Dave Odom24–711–5T-2ndNCAA Second Round
1997–98Dave Odom16–147–9T-4thNIT Second Round
1998–99Dave Odom17–147–94thNIT Second Round
1999–00Dave Odom22–147–95thNIT Champions
2000–01Dave Odom19–118–8T-5thNCAA First Round