• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia @ Wake Forest Game Thread

So now, we've been reduced to we don't suck as much or lose as bad as we used to. Good Lord, people. This is fucking pitiful.

This. Back to back lost generations of fans, and there are still a few morons that are defending DM’s handling of the overall situation. BOT needs to wake up and fire Wellman and/or force a consultant hire to conduct a new Men’s BBall coaching search. No point firing DM if Wellman will remain as the final decision maker. And that won’t change unless the money stops flowing in, but that hurts other programs too. What a fucked situation we’re in.

This. Back to back lost generations of fans, and there are still a few morons that are defending DM’s handling of the overall situation. BOT needs to wake up and fire Wellman and/or force a consultant hire to conduct a new Men’s BBall coaching search. No point firing DM if Wellman will remain as the final decision maker. And that won’t change unless the money stops flowing in, but that hurts other programs too. What a fucked situation we’re in.

Went out to eat tonight for my sons birthday at a local Japanese restaurant in the High Point area. I have my Wake hat on and my kids actually had Wake stuff on as well. A few minutes into the chef cooking, he comments on our Wake gear and says "ah man Wake basketball terrible". I reluctantly nod my head in agreement and proceed to stuff my face.

Did DM get a new 8 year contract paying a total of $25 million? Say it ain’t so.

We need to hire away Buzz Williams from VPI.

So much fun to watch his teams play- and him coach. :thumbsup:

Of course he may keel over at anytime since he's so stressed on the sidelines. He's the anti-DM.

Everyone was surprised Babcock was able to pry Buzz from Marquette, which has a rich hoops history, whereas Tech had none. Babcock is a fantastic AD. He nudged Frank out the door when it needed doing, hired the hottest young coach available that year in Fuente, got Bud Foster to stay on as DC and got quite the coup with Buzz. Buzz ain't leaving his situation at Tech for Wake, which would be at best a lateral hire. Yes, we have reached the point in our basketball history where a VT hoops coach going to Wake would be described as at best a lateral hire.

When will we figure out that winning isn't all that important to Hatch? He wants facilities and is getting them. Wins are for later.

Back