• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia @ Wake Forest Game Thread

Holy shit is that all Sarr did? He was in the right spots a lot. Has got to get stronger and finish. I think Donovan Mitchell should get more minutes vs. thompson

Holy shit is that all Sarr did? He was in the right spots a lot. Has got to get stronger and finish. I think Donovan Mitchell should get more minutes vs. thompson

He definitely should. At least Mitchell and Sarr offer something defensively. Thompson legitimately offers nothing on either side of the ball.

Other than the missed bunnies, a couple of poor shot selections, and most of Crawford's eight turnovers (I counted at least that many), the only *really*, truly dumb decision I remember late in the game was Crawford's foul with about ten on the shot clock. That put their best shooter on the line after they'd already used half the clock and had already had several shot clock violations.

Any others?

5177119688_583d445ce6.jpg

I don’t think that was Crawford’s dumb decision. Manning wanted them to foul them into the bonus on that possession. Way too early in my opinion.

Mitchell was a bright spot for me today. I won't be surprised if he takes Thompson's starting spot before the end of the season. Not that it really matters, because starting for Manning doesn't necessarily mean you're going to play more

I don’t think that was Crawford’s dumb decision. Manning wanted them to foul them into the bonus on that possession. Way too early in my opinion.
I'm not sure exactly what happened, but Wilbekin fouled, then chill fouled to get them the necessary fouls for the bonus. Crawford's was not necessary for that strategy (right or wrong), and I don't think he did it on purpose.

Thank God, we're a soccer school...no, wait...a field hockey school...no, wait...a football school...no, wait...a law school...no, wait...a business school

I don’t necessarily think it was too early, but disagree with the fashion in which we were fouling. Why not go for the steaks or trap and foul while going for the ball? Not just grab their guy.

There is an easy answer if you've paid any attention to DM's coaching for four years (and I'm sure you have): he prefers experience to talent. Given a choice, especially early in the season, he'll choose it every time.

Need a ruling.

I can't imagine the logic in starting Thompson. I would just as soon give those minutes to Sunday.

Did Danny make promises?

What can the kid do, leave? He's gone after this year anyway

Crawford drives me crazy.

Me too! How he can think he is near ready for the NBA, unless bad passing & making turnovers is a part of that, is quite funny. Now as our announcers did say, he does have quite a few skills at his disposal.

I don’t necessarily think it was too early, but disagree with the fashion in which we were fouling. Why not go for the steaks or trap and foul while going for the ball? Not just grab their guy.

That is one of my pet peeves - intentionally fouling without making any attempt to get the ball. I don't get why you don't just do whatever it takes to get the ball. Worse case is you called for a foul, which is what you were trying to do anyway. Best case is you actually get the ball and don't get called for a foul.

Me too! How he can think he is near ready for the NBA, unless bad passing & making turnovers is a part of that, is quite funny. Now as our announcers did say, he does have quite a few skills at his disposal.

Maybe he feels that Manning and crew are not improving his game. I would think he is not wrong about that.

Back