• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia @ Wake Forest Game Thread

Looks like UVa hasn’t scored 80 yet in conference play. I like their chances of doing it against us.

Bold prediction: They’ll be up 32-28 at the half. The score will be 67-64 with 5 min left and they’ll finish with a 13-5 run to win 80-69.

I’ll think our guys will find their outside shot and Doral will get his inside.

I hope we at least get more for Moore. He needs to touch the ball every time down the floor.

I'm getting kinda tired of the "I'm-a get mine today" mentality.

Over/Under is 128. If you think 149 points will be scored, you should wager.

I actually don’t disagree that UVA will score more than they usually do, but 80 would be a lot.

Looks like UVa hasn’t scored 80 yet in conference play. I like their chances of doing it against us.

Bold prediction: They’ll be up 32-28 at the half. The score will be 67-64 with 5 min left and they’ll finish with a 13-5 run to win 80-69.

I’ll think our guys will find their outside shot and Doral will get his inside.

69 would be the most points scored against them all season. Highly unlikely Wake accomplishes that, but maybe WF wins 62-60.

We came close @ UVA that 1 year because we had a stretch 4 that was killing them on the pick and roll (Mitiglou), and UVA played like shite that day. The way to beat the packline is by having good outside shooting and having a stretch 4 helps. WVU beat them in a close game in Morgantown, and they did it with those 2 outstanding guards. As bad as our D is, and the way we don't value the ball, I'd be surprised if we're in the game much past halftime.

Right - people throw around the term "pack line" like it's some magic thing. It's just man where anyone not playing the ball is in help. Skip passes to tall shooters can destroy all but the most athletic pack lines, and a hot shooting team can beat it on any given night.

Combined with an offense that eliminates fast breaks and reduces possessions overall, it's a great design to rack up wins. But it's also responsible for a lot of losses against against either really good teams, or teams with elite shooters - hence the upsets UVA seems to predictably exit the tourney on year after year.

I'd like to see some Woods/Wilbekin/Mitchell combos on the floor tonight. Would give us three 40%+ shooters on the floor.

I think we will surprise a lot of our own fans tonight. UVA is very good, especially on defense, but Wake usually plays pretty well against top notch teams in Winston.

The line is at 9.5 and KP has it at 67-57.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’d gladly take Tony, pack line, players and scoring 60 a game...and #2 in the country and always top 20

I’d be real good with Wake being like UVA

First game at the Joel this season: Not trying to start anything but is the student section still beside the band? Hard to tell.

Oh shocker. These refs suck. There’s no advantage in basketball like soccer. Wtf. The jaguars got hosed by the refs too. Every single ref in every sport should be sent to some sort of a work camp and replaced by robots. IMHO of course.

We're getting jobbed by the refs already. Usually I'm a fan of the "let them play" philosophy, but it's gotta be called fairly both ways.

Pats nice enough to take care of business in enough time for us to squeeze in the most of the first half before then next game.

Umm travel? Didn’t look like it. Must have missed the two body blows landed before.

don't give doral the ball more than 3 feet from the basket. nothing good ever happens.

Woods could have been called for pushing off there, so I'll take it

Back