• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VMI Game Thread

Weather here at game is absolutely perfect! Griffis looking pretty good , arm is better than I thought and his legs are not quite the weapon I thought ( that opinion could change )

Weather fine. But you’re kidding yourself. Passes are slow and floating. Clemson picks off two in the first half.

Clawson less than pleased.

Every DC has the same gamelan against us. Bring constant pressure. Overwhelm the OL.

It’s VMI…they should not score. We are lucky they didn’t score twice. Defense has not shown the hoped for improvement

Mitch doesn’t run the mesh as well as Sam.

Also, we should sit AT in the second half

Weather fine. But you’re kidding yourself. Passes are slow and floating. Clemson picks off two in the first half.

Agree. All passes are quick outs or mid passes over middle except for Morin TD pass and deep AT pass. AT and Donovan are our best weapons and too good to not target them deep often when they are loading the box daring us to throw. Not sure if Griffis coached differently, but guarantee Sam would have had 5+ deep passes.

Turner looks better than Ellison and Hazen looks like the best linebacker.

What the hell is wrong with the offensive line. I was led to believe they were going to be good. VMI is killing them. VMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it also possible that our coach, who is notorious for playing things close to the chest, wants to get through this game dinking and dunking? Still should have scored TDs on all red zone trips though.

I agree with Turd on this one

A good team should beat this VMI team by 70 and should have put up 4-5 tds in that half (even with a freshman QB). VMI is not good. At all

I see no reason why Kerns doesn’t get a couple of series.

I’m hoping the team just wasn’t up to play Vmi. OL play has been eek

Is it also possible that our coach, who is notorious for playing things close to the chest, wants to get through this game dinking and dunking? Still should have scored TDs on all red zone trips though.

Fine. But if we’re trying to get to the next level we should play like it. 35-0 at half minimum on this team. I’m not sky falling at all. But play like a team that was in the acc championship game last year against a team that is absolutely terrible. We have zero picks zero forced fumbles zero sacks. If we want to be something then we shouldn’t be playing our cards close to our chest against these guys. Plus if you want people to show up for games play football. This isn’t the time to fuck off.

What the hell is wrong with the offensive line. I was led to believe they were going to be good. VMI is killing them. VMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attack the mesh point and everything else suffers. I really hope we have a counter to this against more talented teams.

Back