• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VMI Game Thread

Honestly, I’m kinda glad they’re facing a little adversity here, and you know Clawson is about to take them off their pre-season high horse next week in practice.

Exactly- Clausen will have their attention this week. Pop the bubble before it causes an unnecessary L.

Not worried about the O. They look fine and the playbook is not opened up for this one. The D is extremely concerning.

What the hell is the defense doing? No pass rush, loose coverage and poor tackling. Sounds familiar. Not impressed with Lambert so far. I had hoped the defense would come out with a point to prove and we got just the opposite

OL play is concerning. DL play (lack thereof) is concerning. LB play, outside of a couple plays, is still a speed and coverage issue.

As Seinfeld would say tonight: "Poppy was sloppy."

Ugly play and penalties against an over matched team.

Vegas 34 - 35 spread looking scary. Honestly, some odd/uncharacteristic penalties have kept the ball out the end zone on both sides of the ball. Defensive penalties (not even PI) have kept the ball away from our offense.

Last edited:
The lack of push from the DL is concerning. I thought that would be a strength this year.

Wingfield, Roberts and Hazen seem to be giving good effort.

Back