• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VMI Game Thread

Chris - Have you voiced your concerns on the slow mesh with Coach R or Clawson???

why would I do that? I am not suggesting they change the offense (maybe mix it up redzone which they did during the one successful red zone drive).

Pilch = walking sports encyclopedia

In my view we beat a team by five touchdowns, got a lot of playing time for a lot of players, and still came out of it with the players knowing the coaches are not pleased, which will help their focus moving forward. Seems like a solid outcome.

We could have laid name your score on VMI. Y'all act like you met Clawson last week.

The slow mesh just won't work for anywhere close to 60 min against teams with great/elite front 7s. It's been proven time and time again. I'm hopeful Clawson will finally adjust in those rare games.

What offense does work against teams with great/elite front 7s? UGA scored 3 points on offense against Clemson last year. State scored 14 in regulation.

The bottom line is that this is the offense that Clawson and Ruggiero have settled on, and it has taken WF offensive football to a level that it has never previously achieved. Don't see WF abandoning its basic offensive scheme for any opponent. It's just not that easy.

Last edited:
Pilch = walking sports encyclopedia

In my view we beat a team by five touchdowns, got a lot of playing time for a lot of players, and still came out of it with the players knowing the coaches are not pleased, which will help their focus moving forward. Seems like a solid outcome.

Forgot to add: no substantial injuries. I know the collective breath we all took when AT limped off.

We are smack in the middle of the greatest offensive era ever in the history of wake forest and some of y’all still aren’t happy.

What offense does work against teams with great/elite front 7s? UGA scored 3 points on offense against Clemson last year. State scored 14 in regulation.

The bottom line is that this is the offense that Clawson and Ruggiero have settled on, and it has taken WF offensive football to a level that it has never previously achieved. Don't see WF abandoning its basic offensive scheme for any opponent. It's just not that easy.

100% accurate

Looking like a sparce crowd

Lots of students

It really does Wake and the ACC no good for the ACCN to schedule Wake on a Thursday night v a weak non-conf opponent. The East side was way less than 50% full second half. Just not a good look for the ACC when it's Championship game runner up has that few people for a televised home game.

Have you voiced your myriad concerns about governance to President Biden dickhead?

Why are you calling our president a dickhead??? Take it to the Tunnels or your book club, nancy. We prefer talking about sports on the sports board.

One would think a mod (even on this joke of a message board) could grasp this simple concept.

Why are you calling our president a dickhead??? Take it to the Tunnels or your book club, nancy. We prefer talking about sports on the sports board.

One would think a mod (even on this joke of a message board) could grasp this simple concept.

hmm all this strict enforcement of things and trying to segregate posters to other areas. sounds like something a fascist would say.

It really does Wake and the ACC no good for the ACCN to schedule Wake on a Thursday night v a weak non-conf opponent. The East side was way less than 50% full second half. Just not a good look for the ACC when it's Championship game runner up has that few people for a televised home game.

Definitely looked bad on TV. Even the west side was nowhere near full.

I don't know if it's possible to get more people to Wake football games. If we can't get good crowds this year we never will. Dropping ticket prices would seem to be one solution but that's not happening. Maybe we need to start talking about a smaller BB&T instead of a smaller LJVM. . . .

Clawson stated on his show this week that he is to blame for the Thursday night game and asked Currie to arrange if possible. He prefers it for the first game because it gives him more time to make adjustments and see where there is rust before the second game.

Last edited:
The slow mesh just won't work for anywhere close to 60 min against teams with great/elite front 7s. It's been proven time and time again. I'm hopeful Clawson will finally adjust in those rare games.

I’ve posted that, verbatim, multiple times. Our method of running the Slow mesh is a system designed for us to win 8 or 9 games a year. Don’t know why people disagree so vehemently.

Back