• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VOTE AGAINST

Is she a North Carolina citizen?

Yes - born in Lexington, BA from Meredith, MA from Chapel Hill, JD from Wake Forest, associate with Smith Moore in Greensboro, and professor at Wake Forest. She literally "wrote the book" on family law in North Carolina. On a matter related to North Carolina family law, if every professor at Campbell (or any other law school in the state) said one thing and Suzanne Reynolds said the opposite, I'd take Suzanne's opinion everyday of the week.

Because voting "for" means you're voting "against" gay rights, while voting "against" means you're voting "for" gay rights. Most of the dialogue I hear is people saying "oh I'm for gay rights" or "no way, I'm intolerant, I'm against gay rights". It's the reverse in this situation. In addition people are saying "vote yes" or "vote no" which aren't the actual options on the ballot which says "for" and "against"

I mean it's a matter of people not being informed at the end of the day, but it seems like there should be a better way of phrasing everything.

I cast my vote today and brought my girlfriend who registered and voted against as well.

Sorry I took so long to respond to this.

If what you're saying is true, then you'd think people would err in both directions and not one way. If that's the case, then it's probably harmless.

Yes - born in Lexington, BA from Meredith, MA from Chapel Hill, JD from Wake Forest, associate with Smith Moore in Greensboro, and professor at Wake Forest. She literally "wrote the book" on family law in North Carolina. On a matter related to North Carolina family law, if every professor at Campbell (or any other law school in the state) said one thing and Suzanne Reynolds said the opposite, I'd take Suzanne's opinion everyday of the week.

Not to pull the "holier than thou", but it's freaking Wake Forest vs. Campbell. keeper should be all over this stuff based on what I saw him post on the Foxx thread condemning taking on debt.

I think most folks are going with the Fighting Camels on this one....

Not to pull the "holier than thou", but it's freaking Wake Forest vs. Campbell. keeper should be all over this stuff based on what I saw him post on the Foxx thread condemning taking on debt.

Just left your daddy. He said you should be studying.

Also I think Campbell has a lot of professors that used to teach at Wake, but I could be wrong on that.

Our dad voted against the amendment Keeper how does that make you feel?

And twice on Sunday.

I don't know many people on these boards who are Republicans and happy with the way the party is heading. I think most of us are just biding our time until something better comes along. I know personally I don't want to be a Democrat and I'm probably going to go to Unaffiliated before the national election but there's not really a party I wish to be part of. I'm extremely socially liberal and considerably fiscally conservative but there's no Libertarian party for me to join so here I am.

The crazy thing is that I am VERY conservative socially, and moderately conservative fiscally (I have a bleeding heart at times and can't help it), but I don't like the way our party has headed either. There is no way I ever become a Democrat because of the social issues (specifically abortion) but I get frustrated to no end with Republicans. There is room for a party to encompass the frustrated Republicans, however the only real result of that party would be to decimate the Republican party and give Democrats victory after victory. This is why it has never happened. Those of us on the right side of the spectrum won't ever go over to a new party because we realize the consequences...thus the Republican party has no real accountability to its more moderate members.

The crazy thing is that my views are not really all that moderate, however I just choose to try to apply them with some modicum of common sense, which seems to be lacking in the current Republican party (Tea Party) leadership.

Also I think Campbell has a lot of professors that used to teach at Wake, but I could be wrong on that.

Our dad voted against the amendment Keeper how does that make you feel?

Campbell is like Wake Forest's AAA affiliate. There's a lot of professors and administrators from Wake in Buies Creek now.

One of my favorite profs. Awesome prof and person.

Back