• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VOTE AGAINST

That NC voters would vote to make the killing of Hispanics legal is a valid statement for you? Facepalm

You get my point and thanks for avoiding the rest of the argument that says, "Some things should just not be voted on."

ColeJ20120509A_low.jpg

Dear Colleagues,

Despite the recent news on Amendment One, Wake Forest University’s continued commitment to a welcoming and diverse campus community remains intact. The University has shown this support by extending health and welfare benefits to same sex domestic partners and their children for more than twelve years. This policy remains unchanged and we continue to explore benefit options that support our entire campus community.

Best regards,
Carmen Canales
Chief Human Resources Officer
Wake Forest University

Dear Colleagues,

Despite the recent news on Amendment One, Wake Forest University’s continued commitment to a welcoming and diverse campus community remains intact. The University has shown this support by extending health and welfare benefits to same sex domestic partners and their children for more than twelve years. This policy remains unchanged and we continue to explore benefit options that support our entire campus community.

Best regards,
Carmen Canales
Wake Forest University

:golfclap:

Dear Colleagues,

Best regards,
Carmen Canales
Wake Forest University

#proudtobeaDeac

Is Keeper considered an employee of the university and if so I'd love to have seen his reaction when he got that email

I'm just going to leave this right here, with apologies if it has already been posted in this 112 page thread. Credit to some dude on the internets.

10 REASONS TO BAN GAY MARRIAGE

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Dear Colleagues,

Best regards,
Carmen Canales
Wake Forest University
Pro Humanitate

Just thought I'd post this hilarious "justification" for voting FOR the Amendment yesterday from someone I know.

"Well, what people do behind closed doors is their business.... And I don't dislike anyone who is homosexual, just because they are... But I don't think that its something that should be condoned or encouraged, like is being done.... And i will tell you why..... When a man puts his "organ" into a woman's "place", her body provides protection, in anti-bodies in her moisture down there.... That's why the sperm has to swim so fast... Because those antibodies will kill dirty stuff, and even kill sperm.... And that is the way nature, or creator, made it... That is the healthy way..... But, when a man puts his "organ" into another man's backside, there is Feces in there...... Feces is supposed to be avoided..... It is not healthy.... And its full of germs.... When we use an anal thermometer on our babies, we wash it, and our hands very carefully afterwards.... And we all will probably agree that men don't tend to wash their hands as often as they should, and they touch their "organs".... So i vote against gay marriage because I don't think that it should be encouraged.... There are some gay men whom I know and love, but i worry about their health..... I just felt like I should offer this point if view.... [:)] I hope nobody gets mad at me.... But its good to see different points if view..... Some people think that if you're against gay marriage its because you hate, but sometimes its because you care......."

Dear Colleagues,

Best regards,
Carmen Canales
Wake Forest University

Wow. HUGE kudos to Wake Forest University and their stand on this. Today I am ashamed to be a North Carolinian but prouder than ever to be a Deacon!

OMG I feel as if my IQ just decreased having read that... I will at least give it points for originality...

Dear Colleagues,

Best regards,
Carmen Canales
Wake Forest University

Wait a minute. I thought this type of deal would no longer exist if the amendment passed. Was I given inaccuate information?

Aw man I don't even know why I ventured here. Well since Wake sports suck the sports board isn't even fun anymore and now I come on here and read all of this bull. Good luck with all of the namecalling and labeling all of the voters who voted for the amendment bigots and discriminators. Some of you need to look in the mirror.

Aw man I don't even know why I ventured here. Well since Wake sports suck the sports board isn't even fun anymore and now I come on here and read all of this bull. Good luck with all of the namecalling and labeling all of the voters who voted for the amendment bigots and discriminators. Some of you need to look in the mirror.

So what were your reasons for voting "for" this amendment?

Back