• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VT gametime -- 6:30 pm/ESPN3.com

Henry Chinaski

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
VPI / Homecoming game time speculation thread

Paging Chrispy? Night game would obviously be awesome. I'm no expert on these matters, but i assume there's a 0% chance we're the 1230 raycom game (after making two straight appearances).

Paging Chrispy? Night game would obviously be awesome. I'm no expert on these matters, but i assume there's a 0% chance we're the 1230 raycom game (after making two straight appearances).

3:30 seems like a pretty strong possibility. We may see the 6 day option to see what we do against FSU.

I'm guessing after the shit show VT put on tonight, a night game is now much less likely. I like the 3:30 games for homecoming. It gives you plenty of time to tailgate before the game and plenty of time to resume festivities after the game.

ACC games that week:

Clemson (5-0) @ Maryland (2-2)
Virginia Tech (4-1) @ Wake (3-1)
Florida State (2-2) @ Duke (3-2)
Georgia Tech (5-0) @ Virginia (3-2)
Miami (2-2) @ Carolina (4-1)

TV scheduling is helped by the fact that State and BC have their bye weeks during this week.

What is the current order of priority for games chosen?

I'd say there's no overwhelming favorite in the group...GaTech-UVA might be more appealing; not sure if Clemson-Maryland (who could be 2-3) would be a great choice. Miami also has a good chance to lose this weekend. I'd guess this week has 6 day option written all over it.

Last edited:
I say that either us or the Clemson v MD game is the big time game for that week. We will probably both be put on 6-day notice and they'll make the final decision on Monday. Either way I say that we are on ESPN or ESPN2, no ESPN3 bullshit

Next week Miami is @ VT, so I'm guessing the media will wait to announce our game time after this game is played. The 6-day option looks inevitable. I just wish the media would take into consideration the fact that it's homecoming for us, but obviously they could care less.

I say that either us or the Clemson v MD game is the big time game for that week. We will probably both be put on 6-day notice and they'll make the final decision on Monday. Either way I say that we are on ESPN or ESPN2, no ESPN3 bullshit

Agree that Clemson is probably #1. The only way we could possibly supplant them for #1 is for us to beat FSU, but I'm not going to put any money on that (I'll be ecstatic if it did, I just don't think it will).

Even that might not be enough. If Clemson is in the Top 10, they could be getting some buzz. They were talking them up on SportsCenter tonight.

Could be another 12:30 game. Clemson-Maryland surely will get picked over us, and wouldn't surprise me if GT-UVa is as well. Jackets surely will pass the Hokies in the polls after VT's stinker tonight

Some ass hole scheduled his wedding that weekend so I have to miss the game. He's a Tennessee fan and picked their bye week, completely ignoring all the ACC fans in NC (where he lives and is from, btw). I'd like to punch him in the throat at his reception.

For personal reasons, I'd love a primetime game, but would settle for a 3:30. We usually do a hog for homecoming since there are so many people, so a 12:30 game will be devastating.

Some ass hole scheduled his wedding that weekend so I have to miss the game. He's a Tennessee fan and picked their bye week, completely ignoring all the ACC fans in NC (where he lives and is from, btw). I'd like to punch him in the throat at his reception.

Is this guy a close relative, like a twin brother? If not, I see no reason to indulge him and go to his wedding.

Is this guy a close relative, like a twin brother? If not, I see no reason to indulge him and go to his wedding.

I have a wedding next weekend. I'm in the wedding and I'll happily miss a game for this friend.

I've been given a hall pass by the wife to miss it. I barely know this guy, but the Mrs is going, so... Yeah. I'll be at the wedding.

I've got a wedding next week in Pittsburgh. Nobody is from Pittsburgh. Not only will everybody miss the FSU game, but the chance for those of us that have to travel to attend homecoming has just become cost prohibitive.

A well deserved negrep for me. But please sign next time, it won't hurt my feelings:

VPI / Homecoming game... 10-02-2011 09:36 PM It's his wedding you dick....next time, don't go

It's homecoming. There are events after the game. Figure on a 1:30 kickoff. But if we beat FSU who the hell knows.

That would mean no TV. Needless to say, that's not happening.

Whatever. An early kick off. It's hard to work the alumni for contributions when they are sitting in the stadium. There is a lot of money tied into the parties. It's going to be an early start. Maybe noon.

Whatever. An early kick off. It's hard to work the alumni for contributions when they are sitting in the stadium. There is a lot of money tied into the parties. It's going to be an early start. Maybe noon.

I would agree with you, if the school set the game time. But ESPN sets it, so I doubt any of this stuff plays in to their decision.

Back