• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake -1 vs. GT - O/U 129

Is it confirmed that CJ will start at the 1 and Chase will be at 2? Or is that just wishful thinking? I really hope its true. CJ has developed into a player that can get his own shot so I have no worries that playing the 1 will diminish his scoring. Chase should see a lot of open looks playing with CJ and McKie from the start. I'd love to see this move tonight...that and the old school gray jerseys.

[Redacted] also offered: "Look, we are in the era of unwiped ass. Don't expect too much. Fuckers."

Since we have actually been in the era of unwiped ass for a while now. It has become more like unwiped swamp ass. All hot and steamy with mired up dingle berries :sick:

Someone in LV woke up and laughed as the line is now Wake +1.5.

"Our fans have been there for us," [Redacted] said. "Unfortunately, we just haven't been there for our fans."

That's nice. Say more things like this.

The Bzzz facepalm picture should be used for every preview story the rest of the year, not just this one.

"When you get tired of something, you can change it."

Somebody please tell me that Jeff [Redacted] is tired of coaching at Wake Forest...

I'll be surprised if CJ moves back to point.

---

CJ at Point Last Year: 10 points, 3.5 assists, 3.2 turnovers (led team)

Tony at Point This Year: 9.3 points, 3.0 assists, 2.2 turnovers

CJ at 2 guard This Year: 17.3 points (leads team), 2.3 assists, 2.5 turns

Chase at 2 this year: 7 points, 1.4 assists, 1.2 turns.

----

Just not sure what the purpose would be of moving back to point for a few games at the end of the season when he likely won't play a minute there next year, unless [Redacted] really thinks just leaving the ball in CJ's hands for the entire game and hoping he gets hot might save his job. It would be a panic move.

Plus any marginal gain you pick up on offense, if there even is any, you immediately give back on defense. Chennault is our best back court defender, sadly.

I think getting Chase on the floor to start the game could help. I see what you're saying about CJ at the 1 being a possible panic move but I think at this point it has come to the point where something has to change. Losers of 6 straight, all of them have been laughers for the most part of each game and we simply aren't playing well. Put the ball in the hands of our best player and see what kind of spark you can get. If you get Chase hot early, we could shoot GT out of the game and potentially find some chemistry in the process...Bzz has to do something, he has 6 games left(?) to show signs of life in Wake bball. A lineup shift may provide some spark, be it however small to give the guys some confidence to finish this season on as high a note as possible...

I think getting Chase on the floor to start the game could help. I see what you're saying about CJ at the 1 being a possible panic move but I think at this point it has come to the point where something has to change. Losers of 6 straight, all of them have been laughers for the most part of each game and we simply aren't playing well. Put the ball in the hands of our best player and see what kind of spark you can get. If you get Chase hot early, we could shoot GT out of the game and potentially find some chemistry in the process...Bzz has to do something, he has 6 games left(?) to show signs of life in Wake bball. A lineup shift may provide some spark, be it however small to give the guys some confidence to finish this season on as high a note as possible...

Chase certainly puts another scorer on the floor. And there's some precedent - previously when we've really needed points we've tried the CJ/Chase/McKie/Nikita/Ty lineup. Just seems like it's backfired more than it's accelerated scoring. Last time we tried it CJ got a 5 second call and a turnover in consecutive possessions.

The best we've looked this year is when we were stopping people with good defense, and that has primarily started with Tony putting good pressure on their point guard. Granted it has not been all that often.

I have 3 free tix 5th row free throw line. I am in Greensboro if anyone wants them.

So it sounds like the best move would be to keep Tony in the game to pressure the opposing 1, get Chase on the floor to start the game to shake things up and hopefully get hot, and keep CJ in a position to do what he does best without having to be the primary ball handler.

So it sounds like the best move would be to keep Tony in the game to pressure the opposing 1, get Chase on the floor to start the game to shake things up and hopefully get hot, and keep CJ in a position to do what he does best without having to be the primary ball handler.

Then you sit Nikita. I think that's the most likely lineup change. Nikita has certainly gotten a ton better this year and is one of the few guys who will mix it up down low. He's even gotten that little sweep layup and short lefty hook down pretty good. He even knocks down the occasional 3 pointer - but it still all adds up to a below average ACC forward.

McKie has struggled defensively on bigger guys, but Tech doesn't have that much size so he might be ok in this matchup. I have to admit that's a lineup I'd like to see, especially since Ty would be the only player we'd be losing next year.

I wouldnt sit Nikita. I would start the five that play the hardest and play the best together, the ones that you can count on to give it all they have every time down the court, giving us the best chance to win.

BTW, I just googled "unwiped ass", and this forum made Google's 1st page. We should all be proud.

I wouldnt sit Nikita. I would start the five that play the hardest and play the best together, the ones that you can count on to give it all they have every time down the court, giving us the best chance to win.

Are you suggested Tony C, CJ, Chase, McKie, Nikita?

I say we fill this with "BZZ GO HOME" flyers and release at the last home game..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329349414.793392.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329349414.793392.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0
Back