• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +21 @ Clemson - Deacs blow another shot at a Death Valley win

I watched Clawson's 10/3 presser twice and he came across as someone who is very discouraged not just by his team's performance but also by NIL and "pay for play" as he stated. Maybe just wasn't having a good day but he seemed visibly frustrated. At least to me.
I didn't watch, but got the same sense from Pilch's quote posted earlier. Coaching college football is a really hard job. Coaching it at Wake is harder still. Coaching at Wake in the NIL/1 free transfer world has to be frustrating as hell.

Yep. When you recruit 3 star players and develop them into 4 star college players, then have to pay $$$ to keep them, it has to drive a coach up the wall.

Would you like the new locker room facility to be best in class, or use that money to pay players?

Seems like doing both is feasible.

What type of players could we get for $10 million? $20 million?

I thought we had a business school

NIL marketplace is rapidly evolving. Pricing structure is changing rapidly. That makes it very difficult to determine "four market value."

Would you like the new locker room facility to be best in class, or use that money to pay players?

Seems like doing both is feasible.

What type of players could we get for $10 million? $20 million?
Since we have stellar facilities it seems to me every new dollar should be focused on our collective. I know efforts are underway but a real sense of urgency seems in order.

Yo Mitch.

If Justin Fields and the Bears can come out and plaster the Commanders in D.C., You Can Do It!

Apparently the Bears "fought for every yard."

Let's do this.

Yo Mitch.

If Justin Fields and the Bears can come out and plaster the Commanders in D.C., You Can Do It!

Let's do this.
Damn, in all those other times we got banged by Clemson why didn't we just think to "fight for every yard". IDIOTS

Yo Mitch.

Let's do this.
I don't think I've ever seen a team look so hungover from a tough loss as the Commanders did last night. Made the Bears look like SuperBowl contenders.

Still no Chase Jones.

And at backup S, one true freshman (Rushaun Tongue) replaced another (DaVaughn Patterson).

Nothing else noteworthy, at least that I saw.

least hyped I've been for a game (esp against Clemson) in a while
It’s bizarre. I feel this exact same way. Usually I watch all the pressers, read everything, and can’t wait for Saturdays. Usually I would decide last minute to go to this game. Right now I’m just happy that I can switch away at some point to the Braves’ game.

Yeah I think most of us realize tomorrow's not likely to go well. I just hope it's not 2018-level bad.

To make matters worse I believe Dabo is poised to become their all-time winningest coach tomorrow, so the media slobberfest will be unendurable.

Two years ago they were motivated not to let Wake hoist the Atlantic trophy on their field. Now it's about protecting Dabo's legacy.

My perspective on the season completely changed after Ga Tech got bitch-slapped by Bowling Green. Initially after the GT loss I thought, welp, not so bad. But it's bad.

Back