• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +21 @ Clemson - Deacs blow another shot at a Death Valley win

I don't know what QB recruits we have in the pipeline but Clawson made it clear at his press conference earlier this week/last week that to get a pretty good QB in the portal is $500,000 and implied that it's out of reach for Wake. So there's a good chance Mitch will be the QB next year
This may be true but almost every D1 QB is better than Griffis. It would be hard to do much worse

I didn't think we played well today but i don't know...I thought the game was far closer than I anticipated and we had some decent plays. Obviously the offense sucks though which is bad. But I wasn't like super disappointed even though we did still lose. 17-12 in Death Valley is still a loss but I was at least engaged until the end.

Oh man am I a loser ?

In the interview with Stan, Clawson seemed too content with playing hard and limiting turnovers.

im a clawson apologist but i suspect he knows the reality of griffis and this season and is just trying to make the best of it. he was pissed off more than i can remember during the GT postgame presser

Just one more thing about Cam and Les if they see this. Sure, you may ruffle the feathers of the people you cover which sucks. But you know what really sucks? Continually talking down to everyone and lying about the situation so you don’t lose your access. In that case you may have access but you won’t have readers.

Yeah. I'm totally over Cam especially. He's a hot headed, know it all, homer. Don't try and tell me that what I've witnessed with my own eyes isn't true. Mitch is a great guy. But he's not an acc QB.

I got sucked into one of their bargain memberships. But I won't renew. Which is an entirely different issue. I hate how hard they make it to cancel. Total low class BS

I didn't think we played well today but i don't know...I thought the game was far closer than I anticipated and we had some decent plays. Obviously the offense sucks though which is bad. But I wasn't like super disappointed even though we did still lose. 17-12 in Death Valley is still a loss but I was at least engaged until the end.

Oh man am I a loser ?

You're not a loser but we were saying the same things back in the 70's, 80's and 90's. We just hoped to look good against Oklahoma or LSU on the road.

I had thought we had turned THAT CORNER and no longer looked to moral victories. But, here we are.

I made a comment about a Clemson drunk getting in Mitch’s face and the guy says it’s me. What does this have to do with a WF degree, tiers, or my feelings about fellow humans? You are the last person who should be jumping in here. You called me horrible names for questioning the credibility of the alleged victim in the MSU case. The personal attacks on this site go unchecked and are out of hand. People hiding behind anonymous handles and keyboarding the shit out of people for simply disagreeing with them.
🤏

Haha

1) Cam/Les post breaking info about a recruit or something
2) It gets on Twitter because the news is then out there (even if behind a paywell)
3) Son sees it on Twitter
4) Mt Olive sees it on 24/7

Maybe it's not like that though!

@BarcaDeac is the leaker, retribution for his subscription renewal.

Last time we won in Blacksburg was 1983. The Berlin Wall was still standing

Since then we’re 0-2 up there and have been outscored by half a hundred

Time to beat those assholes next week

Last time we won in Blacksburg was 1983. The Berlin Wall was still standing

Since then we’re 0-2 up there and have been outscored by half a hundred

Time to beat those assholes next week
don't remind me of that 2019 game....killer

Yeah. I'm totally over Cam especially. He's a hot headed, know it all, homer. Don't try and tell me that what I've witnessed with my own eyes isn't true. Mitch is a great guy. But he's not an acc QB.

I got sucked into one of their bargain memberships. But I won't renew. Which is an entirely different issue. I hate how hard they make it to cancel. Total low class BS

I just canceled. If you post a simple message, they will cancel for you in 24 hours. I'm DONE with that bunch. They have lost ALL credibility telling me shit doesn't smell. I know MINE does but theirs apparently does not!

Haha

1) Cam/Les post breaking info about a recruit or something
2) It gets on Twitter because the news is then out there (even if behind a paywell)
3) Son sees it on Twitter
4) Mt Olive sees it on 24/7

Maybe it's not like that though!
Son sees it from Cam on Twitter but don’t let facts cloud your judgement.

Son sees it from Cam on Twitter but don’t let facts cloud your judgement.
Oh I misunderstood. So Cam posts a story on 24/7 but then tweets out the info. I thought you meant your son sees it from another source/person on Twitter

As far as I'm concerned, I saw all I needed to see when we had the ball on the three yard line and Griffis threw the ball into coverage when Carney was wide open to the right and Griffis never even looked that way. if he is better than Kern, we are in for aa long season Feel bad for the defense who played their hearts out.

"His (Griffis)! O teammates need to help him out a little bit."

Teammates helping by yelling

"Throw the ball now"
"No, don't pitch the ball fwd!"
"Don't attempt a lateral with 2 yards to go for a first down you can get."
"Don't try throwing over their 6'6"" linemen"
"Don't throw it when you can't see"
"Hey you know the 3 times you handed off to the RBs and they all ran left. Run the same play and pull it back and run like hell to the right and you'll get 5+ yards."
"When you decide to run, run with all your speed fwd. Stop hesitating."

Back