• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (+7) vs Miss St. in Music City Bowl

Lol at them titling their posts. Heaven forbid you address what you're gonna talk about in the first sentence of your post.

I'm sorry but what makes you think that you will have offensive success or, "jump out to an early lead" against our defense?

Combined record of the the teams Miss St beat is 25-46(35%). La Tech being the only team with a winning record.

I'm sorry but what makes you think that you will have offensive success or, "jump out to an early lead" against our defense?

Because we won the first half of all but, I think, four of our games (including the Vandy game, which, in my opinion, was an annomally) and won the first quarter in all but three. It is what we do.

Combined record of the the teams Miss St beat is 25-46(35%). La Tech being the only team with a winning record.

but...but...but...they almost beat LSU, Bama, and the Packers. Seriously, it was so close! Moral wins count too

From Wake's perspective:
History of this season
an OC that game plans pretty well (although is not very good at adjusting throughout the game)
an offense that scored on all but 3 (i believe) of their first drives this season.
Receivers that have speed and do well in the open field.
a quarterback who does a decent job avoiding the rush to get it in the hands of playmakers

1st half offense is not a concern for me

On the MSU side

honestly I can't say I've seen you guys play a lot this year. I do believe Campenaro and Givens can get separation from your secondary. I'm sure you have a good defense and will probably adjust better than our offense will and start to have success - be we have started games very well over the course of this year.

I am pretty sure of the FBS schools we beat, there were only like 23 or 24 wins and losses are 30+.

Combined record of the teams Wake Forrest lost to 47-27
Combined record of the teams Miss. State lost to 61-13 (all ranked)

Right, you just accept moral victories.
There are no moral victories. We could have folded to LSU and Alabama but we didnt. You folded, and I can't stress this enough, to VANDERBILT

Guy saying we folded to Vandy and that we quit on the game, both sides realize we gave up 21 points in the second quarter. Without the second quarter it is a 20-7 loss. Still not great, but to say that we just gave up and let them run the score up at the end is revisionist history.

Guy saying we folded to Vandy and that we quit on the game, both sides realize we gave up 21 points in the second quarter. Without the second quarter it is a 20-7 loss. Still not great, but to say that we just gave up and let them run the score up at the end is revisionist history.
Oh my gosh, without the 4th quarter we only lose to LSU 9-6. Wait... that's what Alabama did. Damn why aren't we playing for the National Championship??

Oh my gosh, without the 4th quarter we only lose to LSU 9-6. Wait... that's what Alabama did. Damn why aren't we playing for the National Championship??

Dude, you need to calm down. I was arguing with our fans, not you. Christ.

There are no moral victories. We could have folded to LSU and Alabama but we didnt. You folded, and I can't stress this enough, to VANDERBILT

So you comfort yourself with the moral victory of not folding. It has been well documented the abberation of the Vandy game, and I don't think we'll sway you on that point. But you definitely won't sway me by saying there are "no moral victories" while repeatedly pointing them out.

Please, keep underestimating us. You better hope that your players and coaches don't think and act the same way you do.

I do not think we folded, we just never showed up, never had any energy. Hard to deny that. It was not a good performance. Let MSU focus on that if they want. Ignorance and arrogance often go hand in hand.

Forgive us for thinking we have a chance against a 6-6 MSU team who beat nobody.

Back