• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (+7) vs Miss St. in Music City Bowl

For sure. At the time, the story was actually that we had as many Wake fans in Miami as we had living alumni. Obviously all of our living alumni didn't make the trip. For that matter, I doubt even 1/3 of our living alumni made the trip. But, unless I'm misreading numbers post, I thought he meant to imply that 35K was 1/3 of our living alumni base.

This should be enough for 3 fouls unless he is being purposefully dense. It is completely logical to assume that MSU could beat every SEC team but LSU and Bama. Especially since MSU played LSU closer than anyone all year. Okay.

I don't understand what the bolded portion means either. Where does the 6,000 number come from?

Either way, we wax these fools. Miss State is coming in withe LOWF mentality and our guys are gonna get after it. Big days from TP, Givens and BP.
Fine. I'm "dense" because in spite of your cherry-picking the MSU forum, I still believe that not all MSU fans think the game is a gimme.

The Deacons Fans Seem More Confident Than I Thought

I wasn't expecting all of this confidence from a team that couldn't even keep it close against Vandy. I hear people saying that they had nothing to play for. It's college football. You are playing for something every game. Our offense is better than people on here think and I don't really see a way that we won't just pound it and control the clock the entire game. That limits your opportunities to score against the best defense you have faced all season. Someone tell me where I am wrong here. Trust me, I am not a flamer at all. I try to be as objective as possible, but I just don't see how a small, soft defense is going to keep Wake in the game against a physical SEC team. We gave LSU, SC, and Bama good games. Wake got throttled by Vandy. Of course I am a State fan and am feeling wooly and drinking the maroon kool-aid, but I just don't don't think Wake can hang. I hope they prove me wrong. I would definitely prefer an awesome game. Good luck to you guys. Wear your colors proudly all week so we can find you. The drinks will be flowing.

I wasn't expecting all of this confidence from a team that couldn't even keep it close against Vandy.

Vandy was playing for a bowl game...and we all know what Vandy's bowl history is like. No excuses for the way that game turned out, but looking to the Vandy game for proof of how Wake will play without considering every other game we played this season is a bit small minded.

I wasn't expecting all of this confidence from a team that couldn't even keep it close against Vandy. I hear people saying that they had nothing to play for. It's college football. You are playing for something every game. Our offense is better than people on here think and I don't really see a way that we won't just pound it and control the clock the entire game. That limits your opportunities to score against the best defense you have faced all season. Someone tell me where I am wrong here. Trust me, I am not a flamer at all. I try to be as objective as possible, but I just don't see how a small, soft defense is going to keep Wake in the game against a physical SEC team. We gave LSU, SC, and Bama good games. Wake got throttled by Vandy. Of course I am a State fan and am feeling wooly and drinking the maroon kool-aid, but I just don't don't think Wake can hang. I hope they prove me wrong. I would definitely prefer an awesome game. Good luck to you guys. Wear your colors proudly all week so we can find you. The drinks will be flowing.

3 fouls,

Maybe this post directly under yours will convince you. They think Wake is a joke. We stand no chance against a "physical" SEC team. How did UF stand against FSU?

I fully expect MSU to "hang close". They are really good at that. That's the object of football right?

You are definitely drinking the kool-aid if you really think that the Bulldogs will be the best defense we've faced. Judging by total yards given up per game, you are the sixth best.

You are definitely drinking the kool-aid if you really think that the Bulldogs will be the best defense we've faced. Judging by total yards given up per game, you are the sixth best.

Those others don't count if they aren't in the SEC. There is an NCAA rule about that.

Haha yds per game. We play Bama, Ark and LSU. The only offense you can claim to have played is Clemson. You beat an FSU team without their QB.

We will win this game by 3 td's at least because all I have to look at is your last game where Vanderbilt ran all over your ass for 300 yds.

With Ralph, Vick, Perkins, and Griffin eating the yds in the 4th qtr you should expect to see 500 yds racked up, 300 on the ground.

Mississippi State wins 38-7. See Michigan last NYD to see how we treat inferior defenses in bowls.

Well, this should be a fun few weeks. :rolleyes: It seems the bandwagon, trash talking, redneck types have now found our forum.

Haha yds per game. We play Bama, Ark and LSU. The only offense you can claim to have played is Clemson. You beat an FSU team without their QB.

We will win this game by 3 td's at least because all I have to look at is your last game where Vanderbilt ran all over your ass for 300 yds.

With Ralph, Vick, Perkins, and Griffin eating the yds in the 4th qtr you should expect to see 500 yds racked up, 300 on the ground.

Mississippi State wins 38-7. See Michigan last NYD to see how we treat inferior defenses in bowls.

E. Manuel vs. Wake Forest 19/35 286 8.2 2 2

Looks to me like he played.

You also played LA Tech, which apparently is also a powerhouse and dropped 300+ yards and almost beat yall.

Ej played hurt and had to come in late in the 2nd qtr after Trickett was 6-11 with 2 picks. If EJ plays that whole game you get to spend bowl season with the other 6000 in Charlotte

I now know why y'all mask your voices with those cowbells.

Ej played hurt and had to come in late in the 2nd qtr after Trickett was 6-11 with 2 picks. If EJ plays that whole game you get to spend bowl season with the other 6000 in Charlotte

FSU sans EJ >>>>>> LA Tech

I'm a Wake alum engineer in Charlotte, and I've never met a Miss. St. alum here. :noidea:

probably a blue collar guy or engineer type who never associates with professional people unless he goes to the doctor. Then he would know a Wake grad.

Well don't say we played them "without their QB" when he took the majority of the snaps and made the majority of the passing attempts. It is dishonest.

Looks like even the worst teams in the SEC have delusions of superiority.

3 fouls,

They think Wake is a joke. We stand no chance against a "physical" SEC team. How did UF stand against FSU?

Florida is not a physical SEC team. Look I wasn't trying to just come in here with guns a blazin. I am usually a pessimist when it comes to State football and basketball, but I just see this game being a blowout. Sorry.

Back