• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (+7) vs Miss St. in Music City Bowl

http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/topic/78903/We-should-destroy-Wake-Forest

"We should destroy WF."

http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/topic/78993/We-open-up-at-7-vs-Wake

Line is too low, load up now before it gets to double digits.

http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/topic/78983/Scoping-the-opposition

They think this board is embarrassing.

Typical SEC garbage. As Mike Tyson so eloquently stated, "Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth." MSU will get punched in the mouth on Dec. 30 and Wake wins outright.

Did you even read the "destroy" thread? The OP said it, and the rest of the thread is basically telling him to calm down. By your logic, I can post over there and tell them that WFU fans think the game is "easy money" based solely because you said so.

Let's be reasonable: both teams are 6-6, both teams have been inconsistent, MSU has a higher strength of schedule: the starting line is pretty much what I expected. It ought to be a good game.

I agree with them about the outrageous soccer thread, but then, they don't have a hot chicks thread, so advantage: OGBoards.

Do you seriously believe that the people responsible for managing billions of dollars of bets fall victim to stuff like that? We are 7 point dogs because Mississippi State has proven themselves to be a better team over the course of the season -- they are 39 spots ahead of us in Sagarin.

They're not falling for it. They're taking advantage of other people falling for it. Big difference.

Did you even read the "destroy" thread? The OP said it, and the rest of the thread is basically telling him to calm down. By your logic, I can post over there and tell them that WFU fans think the game is "easy money" based solely because you said so.

Let's be reasonable: both teams are 6-6, both teams have been inconsistent, MSU has a higher strength of schedule: the starting line is pretty much what I expected. It ought to be a good game.

I agree with them about the outrageous soccer thread, but then, they don't have a hot chicks thread, so advantage: OGBoards.

Relax. You called me out on another thread for the same thing. A little embellishment to stir up some fun banter is no big deal. Are you an MSU fan or something?

MSU is a great team and I'm thrilled with this matchup. I think both teams are better than their records. Have no idea who will win but WF must be very focused to have a chance.

Damn what a tough schedule.

Playing in the SEC West is nothing but a tough schedule. Playing in the SEC in general is not like it is in the ACC where you can play MD, BC, State, Duke
and only 2 teams are ranked in the Top 25. The SEC has 4 teams in the top 10 & 3 are from the SEC West.

If the regular season is a 12 game playoff then we need to crown LSU champion and be done with it.

I've seen all of Mss states big games.

They are very physical. They can run it.

Relf is a big QB and those guys give us problems.

They can look really bad too. I fact most of the time they just look like shit on offense. They can run it right at you with Ballard, and Perkins is fast, but they have 0 ability to throw the ball.

If we tackle well we win the game.

On defense they are pretty good but not great. They have a couple of good corners for sure.

IF both teams play well - WAKE wins. They just don't have the skill guys we have.

But there is also the possibility that they pound us and run the clock out.

Playing in the SEC West is nothing but a tough schedule. Playing in the SEC in general is not like it is in the ACC where you can play MD, BC, State, Duke
and only 2 teams are ranked in the Top 25. The SEC has 4 teams in the top 10 & 3 are from the SEC West.

One of these is not like the other.

Do you seriously believe that the people responsible for managing billions of dollars of bets fall victim to stuff like that? We are 7 point dogs because Mississippi State has proven themselves to be a better team over the course of the season -- they are 39 spots ahead of us in Sagarin.

They're not falling for it. They're taking advantage of other people falling for it. Big difference.

Moments like these are why I'm glad KA is confined to his own thread

Also Miss. State had a bad start. They lost the first game in the SEC to Auburn. State really outplayed Auburn but that was when Auburn was playing like a champion. They had mojo. They had a couple of freak plays go Auburn's way in that game, and then of course Relf was stopped a foot short on the last play of the game.

It was a downer. Then State had a turnaround game on THursday at LSU. They simply got pounded physically. I mean pummelled. Relf was beat up, the backs were beaten up. It was ugly. State is physical but they could'nt hold up and it truly took their swagger away. I don't think they recovered.

La Tech had them by the balls. S.C. beat them in one of Shaw's first games in an ugly no offense affair.

Of course they took it out on Ole Miss the last game in the Egg Bowl.

Good team but Wake is better.

Will their endzone at the bowl have a hashtag in it?

ms-state-hashtag.jpg

Be careful about how many times we post "they can't throw". Such usually results in someone having a career passing day. Second, big teams did pound and beat us this year : VT, UNC, & ND....

BC is generally a pretty good football program..they have just been awful this year and mediocre ever since Jagodzinski got fired.

"My sister is a Davidson grad, so I've spent many a day in the Charlotte area. Seems to me that WFU gets the backburner to UNC/Duke and in the past several years, even Davidson. I think that's where the USM comparison comes from. But I've read through your board and no one is talking about the game. All everyone seems to be worried about is UNC getting sent to Shreveport and how funny that is. There are fans, but I get the impression that for the most part none of yall give a damn.

Just seems like the fans have no enthusiasm about football. It seems like everyone on that website has come to the consensus that 10,000 is a good number to bring to the game. I realize WFU is a smaller school, but isn't Charlotte fairly close to Nashville? That's 6,000 right there.

You can call it arrogance, but I like Mullen and our defensive talent with a month to prepare against almost anyone in the country outside of Alabama and LSU*.

*I'm not implying 6-6 MSU could beat everyone in the top 25 except #1 and #2, but something is to be said about giving #1 LSU and #8 USC their closest games of the year. The Bama game was also closer than the points might suggest, had you watched the game. We came prepared for every game except two, UAB and La Tech, and we managed to leave those games unscathed.

Don't judge Mississippi State on our resume over the past decade. If you want a fair assessment, look at us from the end of 2008 to now. Not only do we have a new head coach, we have an all new athletic office and director and a new President who is very young and active in our athletic appeal. There's a reason our coaches are in the discussion for almost every vacancy and all of our major programs are attracting the #1 athletes in the country starting at the same point in time 4 years ago. "

Link

I'm the biggest SEC homer around and I'm telling yall, Wake wins this game by 2 touchdowns.

Back