• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (+7) vs Miss St. in Music City Bowl

Just seems like the fans have no enthusiasm about football. It seems like everyone on that website has come to the consensus that 10,000 is a good number to bring to the game. I realize WFU is a smaller school, but isn't Charlotte fairly close to Nashville? That's 6,000 right there.

You can call it arrogance, but I like Mullen and our defensive talent with a month to prepare against almost anyone in the country outside of Alabama and LSU*.

Link

This should be enough for 3 fouls unless he is being purposefully dense. It is completely logical to assume that MSU could beat every SEC team but LSU and Bama. Especially since MSU played LSU closer than anyone all year. Okay.

I don't understand what the bolded portion means either. Where does the 6,000 number come from?

Either way, we wax these fools. Miss State is coming in withe LOWF mentality and our guys are gonna get after it. Big days from TP, Givens and BP.

Question - can we expect Harris in the Music City Bowl or has he shut it down for the year?

This should be enough for 3 fouls unless he is being purposefully dense. It is completely logical to assume that MSU could beat every SEC team but LSU and Bama. Especially since MSU played LSU closer than anyone all year. Okay.

I don't understand what the bolded portion means either. Where does the 6,000 number come from?

Either way, we wax these fools. Miss State is coming in withe LOWF mentality and our guys are gonna get after it. Big days from TP, Givens and BP.

Apparently Wake20 said we had 6,000 alums in Charlotte.

One of their posters said he's lived in NC for three years and hasn't met a Wake fan. I called him out on this, and he responded that he's lived in the Charlotte area and hadn't encountered one graduate or fan. A quick google search shows 6,000 alumni in Charlotte, which I posted. What a tool.

One of their posters said he's lived in NC for three years and hasn't met a Wake fan. I called him out on this, and he responded that he's lived in the Charlotte area and hadn't encountered one graduate or fan. A quick google search shows 6,000 alumni in Charlotte, which I posted. What a tool.

Well your logic breaks down because it depends on a Miss St grad being able to get a job in 1) Charlotte that 2) requires interaction with Wake fans.

Yeah, it's completely reasonable to assume that EVERY SINGLE Wake Alumni in Charlotte is going to make a 400+ mile drive :tard:

Mississippi State Thread

In this thread, we talk about the best and worst of the school. Not sure why, but I think this will be decidedly one sided...

Just received quite a few Miss. St. fan registration requests.

And I think you should add us all. Makes for good discussion

probably a blue collar guy or engineer type who never associates with professional people unless he goes to the doctor. Then he would know a Wake grad.

Last edited:
And I think you should add us all. Makes for good discussion
Oh, I did. We've had some issues with spammers, so we require registration. If your IP checks out to the US or if I know you are overseas, you get the green light.

Whether there is one or one million Wake fans in Charlotte (or anywhere else), or whether anyone in Mississippi even knows that Wake has a football team, I don't see the relevance. We have more fans than you is pretty weak smack talk.

When Wake took 35k to the Orange Bowl wasn't that something like one of every three living alumni at the time? If we sell our 10k allotment and bring 15k to Nashville I'd say that's pretty damn good. I don't really care what anyone else says, it's pretty unreasonable for people to knock on Wake's fanbase for "only" bringing 15k people when that is 3x more than our current undergraduate enrollment.

When Wake took 35k to the Orange Bowl wasn't that something like one of every three living alumni at the time?

Closer to one to one. Think about it...we graduate less than 1000 students a year, and that number has gone up in recent history. There's no way we could possible have 100K+ living alumni.

Closer to one to one. Think about it...we graduate less than 1000 students a year, and that number has gone up in recent history. There's no way we could possible have 100K+ living alumni.

Well you gotta figure many of the alumni who attended brought non-alums (kids, spouses) so it was probably about 1/3 of the living alumni that attended.

Although I'm not sure that is how numbers meant to arrive at the one in three number.

Back