• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (+7) vs Miss St. in Music City Bowl

http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/topic/78903/We-should-destroy-Wake-Forest

"We should destroy WF."

http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/topic/78993/We-open-up-at-7-vs-Wake

Line is too low, load up now before it gets to double digits.

http://sixpackspeak.yuku.com/topic/78983/Scoping-the-opposition

They think this board is embarrassing.

Typical SEC garbage. As Mike Tyson so eloquently stated, "Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth." MSU will get punched in the mouth on Dec. 30 and Wake wins outright.

Hah. The embarrassing comment is actually directed toward this board's enormously long soccer thread. The quote is basically "Their longest thread is 573 pages for soccer. Embarrassing!"

Does anyone have their W/L record for the past 20 or so years? I can find two winning seasons going back to 2002 (ESPN stops there) and their wiki page does not have their records. I'm assuming that's because, like us, they don't have much to brag about. Typical SEC team? Embarrassing.

Just glad they don't have to 'pride up'. It is tough to get up for going down to Shreveport to play Wyoming. It is tough to practice hard for the next month in miserable conditions when the reward is Wyoming. With Mississippi State on the horizon we will get a lot more out of our players.

Hah. The embarrassing comment is actually directed toward this board's enormously long soccer thread. The quote is basically "Their longest thread is 573 pages for soccer. Embarrassing!"

People on message boards critiquing other message boards is what is embarrassing.

The confidence coming from MSU doesn't seem to be based on much of anything. Their best win (no joke) is Louisiana Tech. Of their losses, only Auburn (who isn't very good) and USC (who is pretty good) were one possession games. Our best wins was against FSU (>LaTech), but then our next best was against NCSU (>Kentucky, seriously, that's probably their next best win...Kentucky!).

I understand the line, I don't understand MSU's fanbase thinking it should be higher. They have done nothing of merit this season.

I didn't realize that. In that case, the MSU fans may not be half bad.

Just glad they don't have to 'pride up'. It is tough to get up for going down to Shreveport to play Wyoming. It is tough to practice hard for the next month in miserable conditions when the reward is Wyoming. With Mississippi State on the horizon we will get a lot more out of our players.

After our last outing, I'd hope the destination or opponent wouldn't matter near as much to our players as just having another chance to play would. Besides wouldn't we probably have been playing Missou and not Wyoming?

I certainly think we have a shot and will probably end up taking the points, but they are a touchdown favorite for a reason.

I certainly think we have a shot and will probably end up taking the points, but they are a touchdown favorite for a reason.

And that reason is the unjustified knob slobbing of all things SEC this year.

I'm with IAI here. Vegas sets the spreads, and presumably they're immune to SEC hype unlike idiotic coaches polls or sportswriters.

Do you seriously believe that the people responsible for managing billions of dollars of bets fall victim to stuff like that? We are 7 point dogs because Mississippi State has proven themselves to be a better team over the course of the season -- they are 39 spots ahead of us in Sagarin.

They'd be at least a 2 TD favorite if Vegas went with SEC hype. This is very fair line.

Come join me over there, guys. Someone needs to show them how to spell Forest correctly!

Line is moving in our favor. Dropping as low as 6 so far.

Ooh, they even have the typical "I've never met a Wake Forest fan" guy on there.

Back