• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (+7) vs Miss St. in Music City Bowl

Ocean's Fastest Fish:

1. Sailfish (70 mph)
2. Striped Marlin (50)
3. Wahoo (48)
4. Southern Blue Fin Tuna (47)
5. Yellow Fin Tuna (46)
6. Blue Shark (43)
7. Bonefish (40)
8. Swordfish (40)
9. Tarpon (35)
10. Tiger Shark (33)

Number of bull castrations witnessed by the Mississippi State football team in a motivational team building exercise: 1 (1992)

Ocean's Fastest Fish:

1. Sailfish (70 mph)
2. Striped Marlin (50)
3. Wahoo (48)
4. Southern Blue Fin Tuna (47)
5. Yellow Fin Tuna (46)
6. Blue Shark (43)
7. Bonefish (40)
8. Swordfish (40)
9. Tarpon (35)
10. Tiger Shark (33)

Impressive, the sailfish really has a huge lead on second place.

Impressive, the sailfish really has a huge lead on second place.

jb-smoove1-e1319988262731.jpg

That is one fast muthafuckin' fish!

The SEC has lost the past two Music City Bowls to ACC teams. The ACC holds an overall 4-3 edge head-to-head in the Music City bowl.

And what were those teams ranked in their respected conferences? Do you have some other pointless stats for us?

And what were those teams ranked in their respected conferences? Do you have some other pointless stats for us?

Good point. It's really not fair for a team to be sitting in the middle of the vaunted ACC and have it's bowl trip ruined by having to play a bottom-feeding SEC team. I can understand the losses by the other conferences now that you've explained it to me -- lack of motivation.

Well played, well played. But seriously look at this year. It's a number 5 division team against a number 2, if I'm not mistaken. It's always something like that. Doesn't take anything away from a win. I mean we shouldn't have been matched up with Michigan last year, but I still loved beating the hell out of them. I was just making the point that a 4-3 record against another conference, when it's always one of your better teams against one of our below average teams, is not something to brag about and has nothing to do with this game. Especially when it's only a one game advantage that is about to be even after the next one. Ohhhhhhh!!!

You have to count the 1/2 wins you get when you lose games in the SEC. At least losing home games to LSU.

O/U is about right, I'd put it at 45 (38+7)

Nah you guys will add a chip shot field goal in the last couple minutes to get it to 38-10.

After all, double digits makes the loss seam closer, and considering the last decade of Mississippi State football has been built on success defined by "close losses" it would basically count as a win for you guys.

If we played LSU close, that counts as 1.5 wins and .5 losses.

Please forgive us state fans. It is absolutely absurd to think that a team who gave LSU it's best game of the year besides Bama would handle a team that couldn't hold Vandy's jock.

Please forgive us state fans. It is absolutely absurd to think that a team who gave LSU it's best game of the year besides Bama would handle a team that couldn't hold Vandy's jock.

I watched that game. No one in the world who was watching that game ever thought you had a chance.

MORAL VICTORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive us for thinking that since we actually beat a team in the top 25 that we could beat a 6-6 SEC team that beat no BCS teams with a winning record all year.

Back