• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (#9 CFP, #5 SOR) at UNC (UNC-2.5) 12:00 noon, ABC

thatguy2016

Reaction score
Edited to note hold released.

Originally held along with:

Clemson at Louisville
NC State at Florida State

Last edited:
but because the noon ACCN and 12:30 RSN games have been announced, those slots are thankfully out

Give me 3:30 on ESPN for this one. UNC fans will certainly show up for a night game so I'd rather avoid that

So this means that it has to be either the 3:30 or night slots right? There's no noon ESPN slot?

Have tickets to the game, so really hoping for a later game so I have some time to make a scene at Linda's beforehand.

Give me 3:30 on ESPN for this one. UNC fans will certainly show up for a night game so I'd rather avoid that

Yeah, hoping I don’t jinx it but feels like this I’ll be 3:30 on ESPN, NCSU/FSU will be afternoon ACCN and Clemson/Louisville will be night ACCN

Just realized that UNC is 4-3 and plays Wofford later in the year... So call it 5-3.

That means they need to win another game to be bowl eligible: @ND, WFU, @Pitt, @NCSU

I assume they'll probably win 1-2 of those games, but there is a chance they might not even go to a bowl this year... Which is amazing given the preseason expectations.

Just realized that UNC is 4-3 and plays Wofford later in the year... So call it 5-3.

That means they need to win another game to be bowl eligible: @ND, WFU, @Pitt, @NCSU

I assume they'll probably win 1-2 of those games, but there is a chance they might not even go to a bowl this year... Which is amazing given the preseason expectations.

The ACC was a three tier league heading into the season:

Clemson, as always, was on it's own tier. Anything less than a CFP appearance would be disappointing. The Tigers were favored over UGA to start the year. Hard to believe in retrospect.

UNC and Miami, were verging on top 10 consideration, and the Atlantic Division title would be decided by Miami at UNC on October 16.

Everyone else was an ACC also-ran.

The experts were wrong. FWIW, think it might be similar in hoop this year for the basketball Deacs, who toyed with SC this past Saturday.

Yeah, hoping I don’t jinx it but feels like this I’ll be 3:30 on ESPN, NCSU/FSU will be afternoon ACCN and Clemson/Louisville will be night ACCN

Kind of insulting that we weren't just given the 3:30 slot.

7:30 ABC for sure

Just think how much more satisfying it will be to drop 50 points on them during a night game when LOWF is top 10 and Tarholes are trying to get to a bowl.

So this means that it has to be either the 3:30 or night slots right? There's no noon ESPN slot?

Have tickets to the game, so really hoping for a later game so I have some time to make a scene at Linda's beforehand.

There is a noon ABC slot it could be slotted into.

Kind of insulting that we weren't just given the 3:30 slot.

There are like 15 different games on hold across 5 different conferences that day, at this time of year ESPN/FOX/CBS like to wait as long as possible to make their selections....no disrespect intended.

So who are we competing against?

So who are we competing against?

A whole lot:

OSU Nebraska
UGA Mizzou
LSU Bama
Michigan Indiana
Auburn TAMU
MSU Purdue

some others including the aforementioned ACC ones. No standout marquee game that weekend.

Last edited:
SEC indicates their three games will take the noon ESPN, 3:30 CBS and 7:00 ESPN slots. fbschedules.com shows the three ACC games as either 4:00 or 7:30.

Back