• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (#9 CFP, #5 SOR) at UNC (UNC-2.5) 12:00 noon, ABC

Hmm we have dinner plans with some friends so I’m happy about the game time but hoping I can still be pretty coherent by then.

Has to be a huge pride, revenge game for the team after what happened last year

As much as UNC sucks, it’s worth noting that they are not totally out of the race to win the Coastal.

If they can beat Pitt and NC State, 5-3 might be enough to win that division. The biggest obstacle would be Pitt and UVA both needing another loss.

So this could be an ACC Championship preview.

Pitt and UVA still have to play each other, so that takes care of one of them. 5-3 might end up being good enough. I beleive the term they coined is "coastal chaos". I expect the winner of the UVA/Pitt game to end up being the divison winner.

Pitt and UVA still have to play each other, so that takes care of one of them. 5-3 might end up being good enough. I beleive the term they coined is "coastal chaos". I expect the winner of the UVA/Pitt game to end up being the divison winner.

Interesting. I don’t see Carolina winning Thursday on the road at Pitt regardless of what happens in our game. Maybe on a neutral field but that place will be rocking. They also have to go to Raleigh where State will be out for blood after getting butlerized last year. They will 4-4 in conference at best (good chance they are 3-5). Though if one team would fall into it- would be Carolina.

Wake at UNC - 12:00 noon, ABC

UNC is going to lose to Wake and Pitt, then beat Wofford and they will be sitting on 5 wins heading into Raleigh to end the season. State will be pumped the fuck up to keep UNC out of a bowl game.

Will this time have any bearing on our state game time? Hoping for a night game at home.

We deserve a night game. Those last 2 in the 06 season were amazing.

I think regardless of outcome of next week’s game- will have a night game for State. It’s for the Atlantic division

Finally get to attend a couple wake games during the next two weeks before I head back to San Diego. Anyone know a good place to park and where good seats are for Keenan?

Finally get to attend a couple wake games during the next two weeks before I head back to San Diego. Anyone know a good place to park and where good seats are for Keenan?

No good parking, pay up and get seats behind Wake bench and have fun. SD is Awesome!

Most of the seats at Keenan are good. The only places I would try to avoid are the first 5-10 rows, especially in the corners, since the seats start pretty low to the field and the last few rows in the lower bowl. The upper deck hangs out over the lower bowl and your view of the field won't be obstructed, but you'll literally only be able to see the playing surface and nothing else.

For parking, I would try to get there early and park in one of the decks off of Franklin (access from Rosemary). It's maybe a 1-1.5 mile walk to the stadium from there, but it's a nice walk through the campus. Parking on UNC's campus blows on a normal day and it's their homecoming, so Franklin might be the best bet.

One final word of caution; do not take any chances with where you park. Don't park in some random lot, don't park in any business' lot, etc. Basically only park somewhere you paid to. Chapel Hill has a robust and predatory towing industry that will tow anything they possibly can.

Most of the seats at Keenan are good. The only places I would try to avoid are the first 5-10 rows, especially in the corners, since the seats start pretty low to the field and the last few rows in the lower bowl. The upper deck hangs out over the lower bowl and your view of the field won't be obstructed, but you'll literally only be able to see the playing surface and nothing else.

For parking, I would try to get there early and park in one of the decks off of Franklin (access from Rosemary). It's maybe a 1-1.5 mile walk to the stadium from there, but it's a nice walk through the campus. Parking on UNC's campus blows on a normal day and it's their homecoming, so Franklin might be the best bet.

One final word of caution; do not take any chances with where you park. Don't park in some random lot, don't park in any business' lot, etc. Basically only park somewhere you paid to. Chapel Hill has a robust and predatory towing industry that will tow anything they possibly can.

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and got a prepaid parking pass for the cardinal lot for like $12. Seemed like a nice walk to the stadium. Probably just going to get cheap seats upstairs since me and my buddy like to move around

Everything you posted is true, which further supports what a great gameday experience Wake Forest offers.

Need to keep an eye on WR #11. He could spell trouble for our D.

We need Taylor to have a great game and get safety help from Greer. Josh Downs is by far their best WR- double him and make someone else make a play.

Where is a good place for tailgating for anyone who has been to Kenan? Will probably Uber to stadium with some drinks in tow.

The visitor section is beyond the field of play and the seats are not good. There is also no tailgating at the stadium. Their fans have to take shuttles to the stadium and those who drive end up tailgating in hospital deck parking lots. The game day experience there is very lame.
You have no idea how good we have it at Wake.

Back