• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (#9 CFP, #5 SOR) at UNC (UNC-2.5) 12:00 noon, ABC

UNC favored by 2.5

O/U 75.5

First time WF is an underdog this season. Until this week, think that only WF, Bama, OU, Cincinnati, tOSU and Wisconsin had been favored in every game.

UNC favored by 2.5

O/U 75.5

First time WF is an underdog this season. Until this week, think that only WF, Bama, OU, Cincinnati, tOSU and Wisconsin had been favored in every game.

We were 4 point dogs @ UVA iirc

UNC favored by 2.5

O/U 75.5

It’s very disrespectful to be dogs to UNC- we are top 10 and 8-0 and they are 4-4. However, like it or not, they have a HOF coach and national brand and were top 10 2 months ago. I think us being dogs plays right into our hands and gets us more motivated.

Where is a good place for tailgating for anyone who has been to Kenan? Will probably Uber to stadium with some drinks in tow.

The UNC kids don't tailgate. They walk to the stadium and bar hop along the way. Dookies join them in the bar scene, so Wake fans would be safe/comfortable there, too.

This line isn’t all that unusual. Iowa was a top 10 dog at Wisconsin. Let’s hope this game goes differently.

This line isn’t all that unusual. Iowa was a top 10 dog at Wisconsin. Let’s hope this game goes differently.

Completely different. Everyone knew Iowa was a fraud as just lost last week getting shlobberknocked by ok Purdue team and knew they could repeat. Whereas we destroyed duke and handily beat teams that also beat unc.

They think Wake is a fraud too. Got to prove them wrong.

UNC was a 4.5 pt underdog @ND this weekend which means Vegas has us roughly on par with the Irish, so not awful. UNC is probably better than their record which is annoying. Even yesterday’s game was a 10 point loss but some of the advanced underlying metrics that attempt to normalize randomness suggest it was close to a coin flip.

This will be a very tough game. We could lose any of the next three (we should beat BC) but of those three this one worries me the most, even more than Clemson.

The visitor section is beyond the field of play and the seats are not good. There is also no tailgating at the stadium. Their fans have to take shuttles to the stadium and those who drive end up tailgating in hospital deck parking lots. The game day experience there is very lame.
You have no idea how good we have it at Wake.

Am I the only one not worried about UNC? We are clearly the better football team and will prove it come Saturday.

Watch this and you'll feel a lot better about our chances on Saturday

Edit to add: this was also a nooner on ABC

This is one of the most dynamic Wake Forest teams in my 45 years. We are probably a better team than UNC because we're more consistent. We are not a lock to win. Looking at our results we have had to squeak out victories over every team we played that had any dynamic offensive element. Louisville had speed, FSU was just developing around their young elusive QB and Syracuse and Army have dynamic running attacks. We have to control the line of scrimmage to win this game comfortably. Give Sam time in the pocket and create running lanes on offense. Pressure Howell and deny big plays on defense. UNC can score just like we can. If we play well and don't turn it over I'll be happy with the result.

This is one of the most dynamic Wake Forest teams in my 45 years. We are probably a better team than UNC because we're more consistent. We are not a lock to win. Looking at our results we have had to squeak out victories over every team we played that had any dynamic offensive element. Louisville had speed, FSU was just developing around their young elusive QB and Syracuse and Army have dynamic running attacks. We have to control the line of scrimmage to win this game comfortably. Give Sam time in the pocket and create running lanes on offense. Pressure Howell and deny big plays on defense. UNC can score just like we can. If we play well and don't turn it over I'll be happy with the result.

Agree with this but FSU was not a squeak out win. We dominated that game

Pitt and UVA still have to play each other, so that takes care of one of them. 5-3 might end up being good enough. I beleive the term they coined is "coastal chaos". I expect the winner of the UVA/Pitt game to end up being the divison winner.

I feel like the Coastal division champion should have to play the Big South Champion for a spot in the ACC championship.

UNC hung in pretty well at Notre Dame. Heels seem like a Jeckyll and Hyde team.

Back